Flash unit for a T70

gary_griffin

I have been asked to shoot a wedding(after seeing my work!!)and my

only real concern equiptment wise is will the flash unit for my T70

be adequate? If not what would be a good replacement choice? I really

have no idea about any of this so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary, The dedicated flash unit for the T70 is a Canon 277T. You didn't say what type of unit you already have. You also did not state if this is your first wedding. You have to be a lot more concerned than just what type of flash to use. Film type, lenses, backup equipt, processing, ect.

Ted,

Sorry for the lack of info on the first post. I do have the 277T flash unit. Yes, this will be the first wedding I have shot. As far as lenses, film, etc. I did find after a search here about using a 24mm,50mm,85mm,100mm, NPS,NPH,NHG,VC,NC, having backups for everything. The nice thing is that the wedding is scheduled for Sept. of next year. So as far as trying the different films I should be ok. I have shot most of the film that were mentioned in those threads. My main concern is the flash unit as I am not really familiar with flash units for my T70 (I was thinking about buying a new flash unit). I just don't know how what kind of flash equipment that I should have. If there is one small blessing in this for me I have a cousin who is getting married in Jan. and I thought at the very least I would take notes on what kind of flash their photographer is using.

Gary, The T70 and 277T are a great combo, but perhaps a bit limited for wedding photography. I would suggest maybe a Vivitar 283. Remember that the T70 does not have a PC cord terminal, so you would have to shoot in manual mode using the hot shoe. As far as lenses go a 28mm, 50mm and an 80-200 zoom would be all you need. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. I have been a wedding photog for over 35 years. and I am still learning. Ted

Gary,

The dedicated Canon 299T is a great flash for this purpose. It has a zoom head (from 28mm to 85mm)so you don't need adaptors on wide angle. Also the head can be placed in different angle's. Also a great flash on other A and T series from Canon. You will have to look in the second hand market for this one.

Norbert

Ted

Thanks for your help and advice. I read in the some the threads last night about using a 283, but I got the impression that I should also get a stroboframe to get the flash up ove the lens. Also what do you think about using some kind of studio light setup for the formals after the ceremony? I have also looked at getting a good book or two that were recommended.

Norbert

Thank you too for your advice depending on price for the 299 I may get that, if not I will I probably go with the vivitar.

Gary