Flash trigger for Sony alpha

george_q

Could anyone recommend, if any, a suitable studio flash trigger for sony alpha.

I've been searching but can't seem to find any. I got the alpha 100 few weeks

ago and I can't used it with the ordinary flash trigger in the studio since the

hot shoe is difference. Would the ordinary flash trigger work with a minolta

hot shoe adapter?

Thanks in advance

You need a Minolta to ISO Shoe adapter. Minolta model number is FS1100. You can find a 3rd party copy-cat at ebay easy and cheap. This is a mechanical adapter so you need to address the flash trigger voltage as one normally would. For me, I just measure it to make sure it is under 50V. Work so far.

This off Camera cable will only work with the two Sony flash models, HVL-F56AM or HVL-F36AM. If that is what you want, yes it will do. Note: The Sony alphas support Wireless flash. If you are going to use Sony flash, you may as well you the wireless feature. Read page 55 (Wireless flash) of your A100 manual. Can't help you as I have no Sony Flashes.

BTW: Here is how the Minolta FS1100 look. This gadget will allow you to use ISO shoe flashes and sync acc.<div>00MizV-38779984.jpg.7b7ebb26ca4d62138aa3fef19bfe8b59.jpg</div>

I just bought one of those on ebay but it looks slightly different from yours(images attached). All I want the adapter for is to be able to use ordinary flash triggers to set off the studio lights. If the adapter can allow that then I'll be a happy man:-)

Thanks Tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have a Fs-1100 and it looks like the one George bought on ebay. I have had mine since 1992 or 1993 for my 3xi maxxium (Minolta), then I bought another little gizmo to plug lights in to for flash setups. If this fits the Alpha then all should work, maybe?

M Lane

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I have a Sony a700 and the Sony HVL-36AM flash. I'm trying to set myself up for some off-camera multiple-flash work. I've ordered a wireless trigger setup and I'm on the hunt for an FS-1100 adapter (to attach the transmitter to the camera), but what about connecting my Sony flash to the trigger (this flash does not have a PC jack)? Is there an adapter to allow the Sony/Minolta proprietary flash mount to be attached to a standard shoe mount, i.e. the flash trigger receiver's shoe mount?

As an aside, I have already done some off-camera lighting utilizing the HVL-36AM's wireless capabilities, but I'm not sure if it will perform with the a700 in manual mode...and of course it wouldn't work with non-sony/minolta flashes.

Thanks Guys!

Kerry