Flash problems with my new K-3.....

k_kakkinen

<p>Back in time when I bought my K10 I also bought the Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash and it has been working without any problems since...even with my K-5 which I bought about 4 years ago....Recently I bought the K-3 Prestige Edition which have the firmware 1,11......which made me think that most problems from the original K-3 has been solved by now.....but, hell no.....to my disappointment there seems to still be a "huge" delay when I use the flash, internal or external, there is a delay/lag between the moment I press the button and the moment the effectively take the photo....felt very annoying when I used the flash for the first time......AND, I also have a problem when using the external flash not always "working".....a problem that never excisted while using the flash on my K10 and K-5.. I have noticed that sometimes I simply have to "restart" either the flash or the camera after each shoot taken with the flash....then I have a working flash for each single picture.<br>

Anyone who have experienced this too.....and have done what ????<br>

<br /><br /></p>

<p><strong>John and Antoni</strong>......<br>

My first guess when the flash didn't work was that it's probably something with the software/firmware.....the flash simply being too old for the K-3...<br>

I have today (tuesday) contacted the swedish importer of Sigma flashes via email and expecting some kind of answer tomorrow....</p>

<p><strong>Andrew</strong>.....<br>

The answer to your question is.... Yes, even with the built-in flash<br>

....and no the redeye-reduction wasn't on....I really checked to be sure..... please read the link.....<br>

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/242556-k-3-delay-when-using-flash.html</p>

<p>Today, thursday, I got an answer from the swedish importer who wrote that they had contacted Sigma in Japan and they said that there is an update for my flash that makes it work properly with the Pentax K-3.<br>

For 300 Swekrona (about $42) which also includes the return the importer will update the software...... To me 300 Swekrona is very fair in price so that flash is on it's way.</p>

<p><strong>Antoni</strong>...... Thanks for your info......</p>

<p> </p>