the new line of D series flash lights.

If this case, will there be compatibility issues using strobes with

D-100. Will there be difference in flash metering? Like 200 ASA

reading in Flash meter means 200 ASA for D100 or we need to

compensate?

Thanks

EJ

New York

You are talking about two totally seperate things here. You can't use a SB26 / SB28 with your D100 in TTL mode. You can still use it in A mode. You will need to calibrate your meter to your D100 just like you should be doing will any film you shoot. 200 might be 200, but it depends on your metering technique and subject.

That's why Nikon now has the DX series of flashes- SB-28DX, SB-50DX and the SB-80DX. They offer full compatibility with all of the digital bodies and will also work just as well with any film body. A non-DX flash on a digital body will have no TTL functionality but will work in auto (thyrister) and manual. That doesn't leave much of what you want the flash for.<p>

Studio strobes are a completely different situation. These are only triggered by the camera- no TTL or anything else auto is involved. You set the strobe levels and the corresponding aperture using a flash meter. I guess your question here is will the camera agree with the flash meter. Maybe, maybe not always, maybe never. Depends on the camera. You will have to do some tests to see how accurate it is.