Fixing Verticle Lines From A Scan Using Photoshop

<p>Wondering if you know how to fix vertical lines caused by old scanners?</p>

<p>I know that GIMP software has a "Destripe" filter. But sometimes that doesn't work. </p>

<p>And I know how to use Photoshop tools to manually remove these lines.<br>

<br />But do you know if there's a "destripe" equivalent in Photoshop?</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>Konrad</p>

<p>Are you talking about (a) a small number of rows or columns of corrupt pixels every few scans, (b) a regular repeating pattern of lines on every scan, or © a large number of quasi-randomly placed rows or columns of pixels on every scan?</p>

<p>Perhaps you could show an image, or at least a 100% crop of an image with this problem.</p>

<p>If (a), the "single row marquee" or "single column marquee" tools is a good starting point. From there, you can use either the content-aware fill, one of the older fill /patch tools, or even just a simple horiz or vert motion blur of the surroundings into that row/column.</p>

<p>If (b), and PS's native de-interlace tool doesn't help, try Richard Rosenman's "Smart de-interlacer" (http://www.richardrosenman.com/software/downloads/ - scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page).</p>

<p>If ©, you have my condolences. :-) If this case happens often, it may be better to attack the problem at the scanner end, not after the fact.</p>

<p>HTH,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>