Fix Rollei 35 S film indicator

Hi all,

since I proved myself to be a fairly incompetent mechanic, I would like to ask

for advice about how I can get the film indicator of my Rollei 35 S fixed

-without taking it to the repair service, of course-.

So, the film indicator is increased OK while shooting. The problem is it does

not get back to 0 -a red triangle- when the back covering is removed.

I got here a copy of the original Rollei repair service in both german/english.

I happen to speak -fairly badly, I know- both languages, but I am unable to

figure out how to fix it. Maybe someone has an idea.

I post the manual part that should help fix this.

Explanation at bottom of the page:

"Engage spring eye of item 24 in item 25. Fit item 23 and tension by

approximately 1/2 turn, thus lifting over the stop of item 25. Allow to spring

back and check position of item 25.

So, anybody knows what I should do?

Best regards.

Marc<div>00JcVK-34546984.jpg.9087c3f0c2e17cff3edb6578704d0e61.jpg</div>

OK, I forgot to use my CR.

Next try.

Hi all, since I proved myself to be a fairly incompetent mechanic, I would like to ask for advice about how I can get the film indicator of my Rollei 35 S fixed -without taking it to the repair service, of course :)-.

So, the film indicator is increased OK while shooting. The problem is it does not get back to 0 -a red triangle- when the back covering is removed. I got here a copy of the original Rollei repair service in both german/english. I happen to speak -fairly badly, I know- both languages, but I am unable to figure out how to fix it. Maybe someone has an idea.

I post the manual part that should help fix this. Explanation at bottom of the page: "Engage spring eye of item 24 in item 25. Fit item 23 and tension by approximately 1/2 turn, thus lifting over the stop of item 25. Allow to spring back and check position of item 25".

So, anybody knows what I should do?

Best regards.

Marc<div>00JcXg-34547384.jpg.53dc09e411631b7e73f25e3a9e4e38c0.jpg</div>

From some experience with other frame counters and from what I see from the pic I would do the following:

The spring #24 probably has two ends, one like a loop and the other one like a hook. It seems that you first should position #24 on #25 such that the hook of the spring fits into something which attaches it to #25 (maybe a post, maybe a small hole). Then position #23, it should have a small pin where the loop of the spring #24 attaches to. Press #23 gently against #25 and turn it such that the spring #24 is tensioned. At a certain position you will run against a stop pin on #25. Lift #23 gently (without loosing the spring) and turn it approx. 1/2 turn more such that the spring is tensioned. I think #23 is fixed in a certain position by screw #22.

Hi Winfried,

thanks for your answer. It makes sense. Spring #24 has two ends, one with a hook and one with a loop. #25 has actually a small place where this hook could be attached to and #23 has also the small pin.

I had figured it should be like that, but I could not lift #23 enough without loosing the spring and I did not want to break the spring either -after all, I already said that I am fairly incompetent :)-.

I am going to try it and I will tell you later. Many thanks for your help.

Best regards (MfG).

Marc