FIrst 120 slitting a success

<p>For those of you who follow the Classic Camera forum you may have read my post about acquiring a Yashica 44 TLR. I posted results using Rollei Retro 80S, which BTW, is a very good film. I had previously used it in both 35mm and 120. Unfortunately, 127 film, both Rollei Retro 80S and the slightly cheaper Efke R100 are too expensive for everyday use. I have developed a way to slit 4 or 5 frames from 120 using a paper cutter. I just mark used 120 backing paper. I have 4 frames from a roll of Fuji Acros 120 slit to 127 in the wash right now. I will post images later. I chose Acros 120 because I have plenty on hand and it is the least expensive B&W 120 film for me to buy. Later I may try to slit some Tri-X. <br>

The reason for this post is I'd like to hear what experiences other 127 users have had with DIY film slitting down to 127 size.</p>

<p>Very cool.</p>

<p>I love to see people using their 127 cameras.</p>

<p>Last night I matched up a 127 backing paper to a 120 backing paper and it seems the frame numbers on opposite sides line up so a 120 roll, if slit from one side, could be used in a Yashica 44 and reveal frame numbers in reverse order (16.. 15.. 14...)</p>

<p>I have respooled 46mm color bulk film onto 127 paper with good success but my next experiment will be to slit some 120 and see how that works.</p>

<p>I'd like to try this but am not sure the best way to actually do the slitting... I'm wondering if I could use a pipe cutter to cut an unrolled spool of 120 to 127 size and then add the backing paper. I've seen people fit cheap 120 cameras with razors that slit it (and often wind up with a Minox-sized piece of film as well) but haven't done that yet either.</p>

<p>These little devices are an absolute breeze to use.<br>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.ph/Al-Spoil-film-slitter-cut-any-film-down-any-size-/160431745542">http://cgi.ebay.ph/Al-Spoil-film-slitter-cut-any-film-down-any-size-/160431745542</a><br>

You can have them configured how you want them and slit the film and backing paper together. Put the slitter and film in a darkbag and pull the film through the slitter.<br>

The usual disclaimers about any interest in the product, apart from being a client, apply.</p>