Film Camera Week for September 7

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Sep 6, 2018.

1. I recently bought an adapter for the 10” Dobsonian with intent of getting some moon shots when I get back up to the place in Missouri.

2. A couple of "college days" photos.
    Working part time at the camera shop was fun.
    upload_2018-9-7_23-32-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-7_23-33-20.jpeg
    my dad serving a customer
    upload_2018-9-7_23-34-6.jpeg
    Our store front
    upload_2018-9-7_23-34-45.jpeg
    my first car

3. Man those camera shop shots bring back the memories.
    I spent a lot of time between work and school hanging out in a shop like that in my teen years.

4. Not everyone in OZ feels that way Arthur, but a photo is a photo and Moving On has taken a photo, judge the photography, not the politics . Good luck to his revival of B&W after 30 years

Go for it Moving On

m42dave likes this.
  5. Working at the family shop had its perks as I got stuff at cost and could borrow gear from the showcase. In the early days we still had the darkroom at home, but when we moved to a bigger shop in 1979 we set up a darkroom there. Sometimes I did darkroom work for customers. I often printed police photos (mug shots, crime scenes, dead bodies, etc.)

bertliang likes this.
  6. Thanks Kmac. As for the politics, it’s all good.
    I welcome his expression of his opinion, photos and otherwise.
    I understand his point of view.
    My Dad was invited to Australia years ago to do some electrical work for some people.
    He stayed with a family and very much enjoyed the company, and interaction.
    He showed the guy some home video of some of our recreation and the guy said, “I always knew you Yanks were craigh-see!”.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  7. I must thank you, Moving On, for your temperance and good grace. Good for you, and thanks. So, another shot from my 'gift' (I'll probably sell it on eprey; I have, like you, Moving On, some F2 bodies etc)

8. And no photo. LOL. Herewith. Tree bark; the 55mm lens is as sharp as a rabbit's tail, and twice as frisky. It almost has close up with less than a .5 m focussing range. Keep safe, Moving On, and thank you. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). pentax 3.jpg

9. Moving On said:
    Great to know another astronomy enthusiast. I never took the plunge for a Dobsonian scope that large. My biggest scope is a Celestron NextStar 6 SE. One tip on adapting reflecting telescopes to cameras: For prime focus some do not have enough focus travel to reach focus with a camera adapter. I've found that using a barlow lens sometimes works. I used to do that with a 4.5" reflecting scope that I had. Good luck with the moon shots.

Moving On likes this.
  10. A quick moon shot with Olympus OM-1 attached to Orion Apex 127 (1540mm f12)
    upload_2018-9-8_5-56-20.jpeg
    Tri-X (should have used mirror lock up) Edge of tree in lower right

11. I have a 2” barlow and adapter for the Pentax Digital.
    I’ll probably get an adapter for the film cameras as well.

12. These are stunning, Mike. Nice.

13. bertliang likes this.
  14. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Fujica ST801, EBC Fujinon 55/1.8, ColorPlus 200.

In Bloom, Fujica ST801 EBC Fujinon 55 1.8.jpg

In Bloom

15. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Sunflower Tile, Fujica ST801 EBC Fujinon 55 1.8.jpg

Sunflower Tile

16. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

17. Today was vintage car and railway day. Here are a few pics from the railway; I used a Nikon FE fitted with a 35-70mm Osawa MC f/3.5-4.5 lens and the film was Ilford FP4 Plus developed in PMK Pyro

Loco 001

Loco 001.jpg

Brake

Brake.jpg

Loco 002

Loco 002.jpg

Westinghouse

Westinghouse.jpg

18. I really enjoy the trains, Rick. We have a spring Railroad Festival in the nearby town of Amory, MS. that I must visit again. The last time I went, my oldest son (now 26) was still in a stroller.

19. As an aside per previous conversation, here are a couple of pictures of my biggest lens and a nice comfortable observation stool.
    Looking forward to trying some astro stuff when I get back up to Missouri....

Dobsonian.jpg

Observation stool.jpg

kmac and James Bryant like this.