Film Camera Week for October 6

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Interesting, a while ago I think I read posts where people said that Kentmore was a rather pedestrian film. Though it was pretty good and now it seems like i am seeing more from with excellent results

2. A few more from some recent Kentmere 100. I continue to be impressed with what this film can deliver. Let's hope that the vendors that sell it don't read too many of our posts and raise the price.
    upload_2017-10-7_8-39-54.jpeg
    late afternoon sun, Minolta XE-5 with 50mm f1.4 MC Rokkor

upload_2017-10-7_8-41-11.jpeg
    hydrant and lamp post in shade, same gear as first image

upload_2017-10-7_8-42-32.jpeg
    from Strange Brew parking lot, same gear as above

3. I'd agree with you about the Kentmere 100, Mike; despite it's very reasonable price the overall quality is very high, right up there with it's more expensive cousin Ilford FP4 Plus, in my estimation. Here are some samples using the Kentmere developed in PMK Pyro. The camera was a Topcon RM300 fitted with a 35-135mm Tamron Adaptall 2 f/3.5-4.5 (Model 40a) .

Retro

Retro .jpg

Dhaba

Dhaba .jpg

Istanbul

Istanbul.jpg

Stitch

Stitch.jpg

Lychgate

Lychgate.jpg

4. Thanks, Rick. And from your results the Kentmere 100 really "sings" in the PMK Pyro. The contrast and sharpness remind me a lot of the last version of Plus-X that was available.

5. Rolleicord Vb, Pan F+ in Beutler

Painted door in old building

[​IMG]

Stairs in fishermen's dock

[​IMG]

6. A little color for a change.
    upload_2017-10-8_17-5-8.jpeg
    Yard limit, Pentax ZX-5 with Sigma 28-80, Reala

Obviously from a few years back, but hopefully not a repeat.
    upload_2017-10-8_17-8-37.jpeg
    same gear and film
    One from the compact Pentax 40mm f2.8
    upload_2017-10-8_17-11-25.jpeg
    not sure if the camera was ZX-5 again or if it was the MX Fuji Superia 200

James Bryant and donald_miller|5 like this.
  7. Color, nice, not your usual medium

8. Thanks, Donald. I used to shoot more color when my town had a local 1 hour lab. It's mail it to Dwayne's which does good work or process myself (which I don't use the chemicals fast enough). Probably will send a few rolls to Dwayne's fairly soon though.

9. Here are couple more from the Canon P with Film Ferrania

Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD lunch tables.jpg
    Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD 2041 open.jpg
    Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD carts.jpg

10. a couple more
    same branch from different sides one shadow and one sun

Shadow side
    Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD branch shade side.jpg

Sun side
    Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD branch sun side.jpg

Canon P Film Ferrania at 40iso Pyrocat HD trees.jpg

MarcelRomviel and Mike Gammill like this.
  11. Nice results, Don. I can't wait until this film hits the market. I will have to try a few rolls.

12. Mike Gammill likes this.
  13. While I wait for this film I do still have a few rolls of Rolleipan 25 and probably about 35 to 40 feet of Panatomic-X in one of my bulk loaders so good for now on the slow, fine grained film. Another film I'm seeing more lately on this forum is Ilford Pan F+. I never tamed it in Rodinal, but got what I wanted from it in HC110 dilution H.

14. "A few more from some recent Kentmere 100. I continue to be impressed with what this film can deliver. Let's hope that the vendors that sell it don't read too many of our posts and raise the price."

To late Mike , when I first bought this film , (couple of years ago) ,it was around $2.29 or $2.49 .
    Now it runs $3.49 for 24exp. up to $4.39 for 36exp.
    Yes , I know still cheap comparing to some other film . Probably will go up another dollar middle of 2018.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  15. The real bargain, Erko, is in 100' bulk. But still good that single rolls are going for less than some films.

16. Erko, another timeless photo (see no words)

17. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

One from a few years ago. Taken with FED-5V, Jupiter-12 35/2.8, Elite Chrome 100.

Aspen Trees, FED-5V, Jupiter-12.jpg

Aspens