Film Camera Week for November 22

Greetings all and welcome to our new thread. Post all the images you want from any film camera. Starting off with what I call a "hybrid classic"- A classic Pentax 50mm SMC A combined with a more modern Pentax ZX-5. The AF quit working on the ZX-5 a while back so I just use it manually. I discovered after opening my images this morning that my scanner added a "line" near the upper third of my images. Happens maybe every few weeks. Scanning again takes care of the problem.

Film was Ilford FP4+ processed in HC110 dilution H.

img410.jpg.a7c413e0b100955fe03523d35e522592.jpg

outside Starkville's Grill

Unless noted the camera was used in program mode.

img519.jpg.2ba5bcc80043731e2a4bcfb04b7fae77.jpg

detail from Grill exterior

img976.jpg.3d8c34a2c724616935edd989977d0893.jpg

rocks plus "line" from scanner

img974.jpg.bc0b514cac1bba818e16fd7e7ca8dee3.jpg

Festive for fall

One more

img975.jpg.2cfb0af44f65c57adde570a61a3db71b.jpg

late afternoon outside Logan's in Columbus

I might have some more images to add over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

• Like 5

Having a string of bad luck with the cameras I've shot with over the last couple of weeks.

The last one was no different; The Compur shutter on the K.W. Patent Etui decided to act erratically for a couple of the exposures. And to add insult to injury a rivet had broken on the Plaubel Roll Film back I had put on the camera. This opened a hole straight into the film chamber.

Managed to rescue parts of the roll.

LD191123.jpg

Open day at the EECWO1, St.-Hertogenbosch - November 2019

But yeah, disappointed.

Hole in the roll film back has been sealed with cold weld resin. Shutter has been getting a bit of attention but still hiccups every twentieth shot or so.

• Like 5

So I just got my 1st scans back from the very 1st roll of 35mm film shot with my new-to-me Voigtlander Bessa R3m. I shot a mix of car stuff and assorted other things, some architectural stuff actually, another interest but I'm also currently shooting stuff in various Pennsylvania towns, so these fall into that blend as well... (blah blah blah)

The film used was Ilford Pan F 50. Not very forgiving, some of my shots came out just plain underexposed and many are pretty dark on my iMac monitor. I did a slight post process, auto-correcting light, levels, & curves in the native Mac photo edit software.

so first off, because, um you know- cars...

action shot: panning the camera, focus set at infinity

p3718979949-4.jpg

Seatbelt? DOOR belt!

p3718980565-4.jpg

this was better in color (phone pic) but still cool in B&W

p3718980414-4.jpg

• Like 5

Old church clock tower, Easton, PA

p3718979950-4.jpg

neat old building, York, PA. Love the arches, red brick with brownstone (sandstone) details. cropped a bit here

p3718980133-4.jpg

Detail shot: really surprised at the amount of distortion n the Voigtlander 40mm Classic lens...

p3718980187-4.jpg

Arches, the upshot

p3718979941-4.jpg

this shot, I rally had to edit pretty heavily, it was super dark. Again, distortion, tho not as bas as some of the pix of that other building.

p3718980459-4.jpg

Granite coping close up, nice gnarly texture here, IMO.

p3718980172-4.jpg

image.png.e61e5899c981534ba550bb2a4cab27f5.png

• Like 5

A couple from a few years back during a rainy night in Seoul.

Pentax MX, 40/2.8 SMC-M Pancake, P3200TMZ, HC-110B

17735860094_fdc8f43b78_b_d.jpg

18172287659_02e5b9e789_b_d.jpg

Lemme guess, that lens has a 5-bladed diaphragm, right?

Grain and contrast look about right for TMZ, which in my experience has its share of base fog, especially if not developed right away.

Having a string of bad luck with the cameras I've shot with over the last couple of weeks.

The last one was no different; The Compur shutter on the K.W. Patent Etui decided to act erratically for a couple of the exposures. And to add insult to injury a rivet had broken on the Plaubel Roll Film back I had put on the camera. This opened a hole straight into the film chamber.

Managed to rescue parts of the roll.

LD191123.jpg

Open day at the EECWO1, St.-Hertogenbosch - November 2019

But yeah, disappointed.

Hole in the roll film back has been sealed with cold weld resin. Shutter has been getting a bit of attention but still hiccups every twentieth shot or so.

Either that's a museum display, a bunch of REALLY dedicated re-enactors, or you waited just a little too long to get that roll of film developed. :O)

Either that's a museum display, a bunch of REALLY dedicated re-enactors, or you waited just a little too long to get that roll of film developed. :O)

The EECWO1 Group (Eductional Experience Center World War 1) have built a set of opposing trench systems with the intention of opening it to the public every few months. They rely on volunteers and re-enactors to fill them during those couple of days.

A couple of guys from our re-enactment group who do French 'Poilus' were there. I couldn't get anyone from our American Expeditionary Force group to go. So I only went round as a visitor and too a few photos: EECWO1 gallery

• Like 1