Film Camera Week for July 6

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Scanned? It's not a real film photo unless you make a wet print! IMHO.

Vincent Peri likes this.
  2. Lindsborg.jpg
    Lindsborg
    1976​

3. and how would you propose "posting" a wet lab print onto this electronic forum ??? Bill

bertliang likes this.
  4. Some frames from a walkabout with a Kiev-60 TTL loaded with Arista EDU Ultra 200. The lens was a 50mm CZJ Flektogon f/4, and the film was developed in PMK Pyro.

Chanticleer

Chanticleer.jpg

Going Up

Going Up.jpg

Sale

Sale.jpg

Trilogy

Trilogy.jpg

Verandah

Verandah.jpg

Wheel

Wheel.jpg

5. Last one with the Ross Definex, slightly under exposed
    [​IMG]

6. Back from Vilnius, Lithuania. They like their churches. I had enough kneeling standing, genuflecting a long timre ago too much like an aerobics class. Signet 50 is still the ideal camera for me for traveling. Just plain Kodak 400 vilnius signet50 kodak499 2012.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400q.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400qbw.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400k.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400kbw.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400pbw.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400p.jpg vilnius kodak 400 signet 50dd.jpg vilnius kodak 400 signet 50ddbw.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400l.jpg raw vilnius negative signet 50 kodak400lbw.jpg

7. Went for a walk along the wharf looking at the fishing vessels

Nicca III, Nikkor 50mm, Foma 100, PMK Pyro, Viewscan.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Shifted outside to the table and took some shots across the marina.

Ricoh 500, Riken 4.5cm, Foma 100, PMK Pyro, Viewscan

01.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  8. Scan the print!

9. I've been there. I really like your interior shots. I didn't have time to go inside.
    Some of those really have "that 60's look". Pretty cool.

When I saw the rooster made of corrugated steel, I thought this must be from someone in Texas, or maybe one of the guys from Mississippi. Of course, if you told the typical Texan it was Chanticleer he'd probably say it doesn't look like a chandelier. ;)

I really like the last three. The simplicity of Trilogy, the design of Veranda, and the texture of Wheel all appeal to me. I love the look of those chairs, although I'm not sure I'd want to sit in one for any length of time. Is that wheel as big as it looks, or are you messing with us?

10. I have to agree with wikepedia this time. Does not have to be a wet print IMHO
    "A photograph or photo is an image created by light falling on a light-sensitive surface, usually photographic film or an electronic medium such as a CCD or a CMOS chip. Most photographs are created using a camera, which uses a lens to focus the scene's visible wavelengths of light into a reproduction of what the human eye would see. The process and practice of creating photographs is called photography. The word "photograph" was coined in 1839 by Sir John Herschel and is based on the Greek φῶς (phos), meaning "light", and γραφή (graphê), meaning "drawing, writing", together meaning "drawing with light"."

The term photo comes from photograph "drawing with light". Does not define the medium.

11. davecaz said:
    From my understanding, should this rooster be in Texas it would probably be riddled with bullet holes, by now... I agree, "Chanticleer" was a little pretentious, and initiated Googling and inquiry in certain other circles... I'm pleased you liked the images. The wheel is just an average wagon wheel, in an advanced state of decay. I guess it stands about shoulder height to the average sapien, or knee height to a Texan...

12. A couple from Enchanted Rock, just north of Fredericksburg, Texas using a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic and the 28mm f/3.5 Super Takumar on Kodak TMX:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers, Allan

13. Lol. True

I wouldn't say pretentious. More like obscure, at least to Americans. I googled it, too, to make sure I was remembering correctly.

That's a big wheel. Over here, that size was used on Prairie Schooners, but they're rare, now. Mostly, we see smaller ones from less majestic wagons.

14. I'm trapped inside by a return to Winter so my plans for getting out with an old Agifold have had to be shelved. But, just to keep things rolling along, here are a few from last week's wandering with a Mamiya 645 1000S loaded with Ilford HP5 Plus. The lens was the Mamiya Sekor 55-105mm f/4.5 and the film was developed in PMK Pyro.

Wash Day

Wash Day copy.jpg

Sidelight

Sidelight.jpg

Afternoon

Afternoon.jpg

The Plane Tree in Winter

Plane Tree.jpg

Wheels

Wheels.jpg

Suburban Oak

Suburban Oak.jpg

15. upload_2018-7-7_23-54-39.jpeg
    While one can post "wet" prints on the computer, I prefer to let mine dry first.
    Photo with Maxxum 5, Sigma 28-80 f 3.5-5.6 and Kentmere 100

16. A few more from recently developed film.
    upload_2018-7-8_20-47-14.jpeg
    behind a shop, Olympus 35 RC, K2 filter, Kentmere 100
    upload_2018-7-8_20-48-40.jpeg
    late afternoon intersection, 35 RC
    upload_2018-7-8_20-51-21.jpeg
    tables, Canon EOS Rebel K, Tri-X
    upload_2018-7-8_20-52-51.jpeg
    from Dawg House (no longer in business), Rebel K

17. [​IMG]

One from last May, Veterans day, Wageningen
    Leica IIIc with 5cm f/2.5 Hektor and Double-X