Film Camera Week for July 16

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Rick- no curling with the Fomapan 400. After washing the negatives I soaked them for 30 seconds in Kodak Photoflo solution and hung them up to air dry in my darkroom. Possibly during the winter months when humidity is low the film might curl then. My HVAC system includes a vent in my darkroom so the dry heat tends to make some films curl more than others. Thanks for the compliment, as well. I do believe that I should have used a bit less time for developing. At least the grain (more noticeable in the cropped photo) is tight and sharp. Hard to tell from scans, but I often inspect my negatives with a surplus achromat that I keep in the darkroom.

2. My first film camera ever, "new" to me Canon A-1, 50mm f/1.4 on Tri-X.

MortonAA007.jpg

3. Great shot, Andrew. Enjoy your exploration of film photography. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

4. That's a mighty fine start into film-based photography, Andrew!

5. That's a lovely image, Andrew!

I'm trapped inside by relentless winter storms, but here are someimages I managed to shoot in a few hours of clear weather last weekend. It was my first real excursion with the legendary "Beercan", the Minolta 80-210mm f/4, and it lived up to my expectations. The camera was an Minolta Maxxum 7 and the film was Ilford FP4 Plus developed in PMK Pyro.

South Side

South Side copy.jpg

Reach

Reach copy.jpg

Pewter

Pewter copy.jpg

Pin

Pin copy.jpg

Supplies

Supplies.jpg

Latch

Latch copy.jpg

kklow, , Julio Fernandez and 7 others like this.
  6. The "Beercan" really delivers quality images. I suspect that it was one of Minolta's best-selling AF lenses. And f 4 is fast enough that the lens would work with most third party teleconverters, I have a 1.7X Kalimar AF converter and it will autofocus with lenses through f 4.5.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  7. AF35J_00065_Keien.jpg AF35J_00068_DS.jpg AF35J_00069_Gebouw.jpg
    Canon AF35J Retropan 320

, kklow, cameragary and 6 others like this.