Film Camera Week for January 12

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Welcome to our new thread. Post all the images you like from your film cameras. I'll start.
    rare sunny day, Minolta XE with Sigma 24mm 2.8, Kentmere 100

sunny parking lot, same gear and film as above

local hardware store sign, Minolta SLR (don't remember which one) Tamron 300mm f5.6
    MarcelRomviel, , bertliang and 2 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]

Battle for the 11th Bridge, Operation Market Garden 1944-2015
    Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5, 127mm f/4.7 Ektar lens. Fomapan 100 sheet film
    MarcelRomviel, , bertliang and 5 others like this.
  3. Homestead Sign. Nikon F2as, Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50, medium yellow filter, Kodak 400TX. First roll of film through my recently acquired F2, 2017 ab&w 28 15.jpg
    MarcelRomviel, and bertliang like this.
  4. Trail to lake. F2, Milvus 1.4/50, orange filter, TX. 2017 ab&w 28 19.jpg
  5. Raspet Lab, Mississippi State University. Zeiss Otus 1.4//85, medium yellow filter, TX400. 2017 ab&w 28 23.jpg
  6. Boardtown. F2, Otus 85, medium yellow, 400TX. 2017 ab&w 28 30.jpg
  7. Community Market. F2, Otus 85 2017 ab&w 28 32.jpg , medium yellow, 400TX.
  8. Entrance to Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park. FM2n, Nikkor 35mm ais, UV filter, Velvia 100. 2015  a 4 30.jpg
    and bertliang like this.
  9. Band Day, University of Michigan Stadium, September 17, 1966. Yashica Penta J, Spiratone 135mm f/2.8 preset lens with Spiratone TelXtender, Agfachrome. (Michigan defeated Oregon State 41–0.)
    Music (F-1966-8-T-A07-08).jpg
    MarcelRomviel, , Tony Evans and 2 others like this.
  10. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Taken with Olympus Stylus Epic, Kodak film. Sold this noisy little AF camera years ago, though it had good features and a fine lens.

Badlands, Olympus Stylus Epic.jpg

11. film?
    well, a contact transparency on glass from a 8x10 glass plate
    Koester Block, Marysville, KS
    MarcelRomviel and Mike Gammill like this.
  12. One from the recent farmers market. Zorki-4 / Jupiter-8, UFX400 (Kentmere400??), PyrocatMC, V600 scan. Aloha, Bill 2k18-003-016 ces10 bc 4x6.jpg
  13. My son's Leica M6 with HP5 at 800 and HC110 for 7.5min. cactus web.jpg
  14. Rain, rain and more rain... In the middle of summer I'm trapped inside by a week of rain. Unheard of... As a result, nothing spectacular to post, but I did manage to shoot some Kentmere 100 last weekend with a Kodak Retinette 1B, an unfamiliar little viewfinder camera. It's a type 037 with the 45mm Rodenstock Reomar f/2.8 lens, not the Schneider Kreuznach version used in many other models of the Retinette. The lens is typical of the triplets of this era, quite sharp in the centre but pretty awful at the edges until stopped down to around f/11, and I really wasn't impressed by it's performance. Anyway, I'll post some samples, and I hope I may have something a little superior to post later in the weekend. The film was developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

15. Same camera and film as above. A big whale at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I buy an annual pass each year to support them but just visit once a year.
    because parking is to hard.

whatle web.jpg
    MarcelRomviel, , bertliang and 2 others like this.
  16. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

If you want to trade, Rick, we finally got a trace of rain the other day after nearly 100 days without precipitation...
  17. I'm tempted to pack my bags, Dave. Where in the world are you?
  18. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

New Mexico, USA...but even for this high desert climate, it's been an unusually dry and mild winter.
  19. Great pic Ross, but an Orca is a dolphin. Rick you can always join me in Hawaii. . . just bring your cameras. . . film & chems here at the house. Aloha, Bill
  20. I suppose but they are known as whales. But i was just a guy with a borrowed leica..i did like the camera and after 40 years of thinking about them i am going to buy an MP. I think silver but bh photo is out of stock.