Film Camera Week for February 23

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Greetings everyone and welcome to our new thread. As usual, post as many images as you want from your film cameras. I'll start with a couple of rolls I processed and scanned over the weekend.
    Harned Biology Building, MSU, Rollei 35 with Ilford HP5+

The little Rollei 35 (with S. Xenar) is still going strong after I glued the shutter linkage back together late last year.
    the long steep sidewalk, Rollei 35 and HP5+

another MSU image, Rollei 35 and HP5+

a closing store's high tech solution to getting rid of sign, Olympus 35 RC, Ilford FP4+

One more. I look forward to seeing everyone's images this week.
    foggy morning in West Point, Oly 35 RC, either f2.8 or 4, FP4+
  2. Construction. F6, Milvus 1.4/50, medium yellow filter, 400TX. 2018 ab&w 1 10.jpg
  3. Power line in fog. F6, 50/1.4, medium yellow 2018 ab&w 1 28.jpg , 400TX
  4. In Starkville, the construction continues. Plenty of good photo ops as new structures go up. Sometimes I just park and walk around the area with my camera. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
  5. Downtown. F6, 1.4/50, medium yellow, 400TX. 2018 ab&w 1 4.jpg
    escuta, bertliang and Don Harpold like this.
  6. 2018 ab&w 2 1.jpg [ Trees and shadows in backyard. Nikon F2AS, Zeiss 25mm f2, yellow filter, 400TX.
  7. Lizzie T and Lacy. Nikkormat FT2, Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Velvia 100, Metz flash. 2017 a 2 22.jpg
  8. [​IMG]
    Nicca 3-F with 5cm f/2 Nikkor-HC and Retropan 320 Soft.

Kodak Auto Graflex 4x5 with Graflex 22 roll film adapter.
  9. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Two more from the Praktica MTL 50, lenses as noted, Kodak ColorPlus 200.

#1: Vivitar Series 1 35-85/2.8

Menu, Praktica MTL50 Vivitar 35-85 2.8.jpg

On the Menu
    bertliang likes this.
  10. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

#2: CZJ Tessar 50/2.8

Wild Hare Studio, Praktica MTL50 CZJ Tessar 50 2.8.jpg

Wild Hare Studio
  11. Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  12. Tried again with a smaller file size but nada. Any suggestions?
  13. Hello
    A couple more from the Canon P chrome 50mm 1.8 and Film Ferrania

brick building
    Canon P 50mm 1.8 Film Ferrania 40 Pyrocat HD brick building.jpg

Pelton water wheel
    Canon P 50mm 1.8 Film Ferrania 40 Pyrocat HD Pelton wheel.jpg

I have no idea
    Canon P 50mm 1.8 Film Ferrania 40 Pyrocat HD Pump nozzle.jpg
  14. Back to the land of color!

Orange Crush

Matchie Matchie

15. Several years ago I unearthed a box of old negatives dating back to the 1970's. With the rather limited scanning gear I then had available I attempted to resurrect a few of these images, taken during my time as a duck shooting enthusiast, but the results were really pretty awful, though I think I may have posted a couple to the Forum in various threads. The box resurfaced last month and I decided to try again, with much improved results. The film was Kodak Vericolor, but much of the film has deteriorated beyond redemption, and I won't waste time trying to salvage any more.

The old negatives were all neatly filed with the taking information inscribed on the brown manilla envelopes. I was a working photographer back in 1973 when these were taken, and far more methodical than I am now, and this must have been a box of personal stuff I took with me when I changed employment. The camera was apparently a Canon FTb fitted with a Soligor 70-220mm f3.5 Macro lens.

Waiting for Sunrise

Waiting for Sunrise.jpg

Putting Out The Decoys

Putting out the Decoys.jpg

Lagoon Morning

Lagoon Morning .jpg

Lagoon Afternoon.jpg

16. Great images everyone and a great start to our weekly thread. I'll be processing some more film and scanning over the weekend. I've really enjoyed using my Rollei 35. Found an old favorite that I've had since college to put on my SRT 101: a Celtic 28mm f2.8. Got for Christmas in 1978.
  17. Nikon FE, Tri-X 400

Nikkor-P Auto f2.5:

Nikkor Ais f2.8:

Nikkor AF f1.8:

18. Yesterday's Drive. Nikkormat EL, 50mm F2, Tri-x Untitled-10-copy.jpg
  19. Today's walk in the park Nikkormat EL, 50mm F2, Tri-x