Film Camera Week for December 1

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I finished the Bergger Pancro 400 film in the Mamiya 645 1000s, fitted with the 55-110 Mamiya Sekor f/4.5 lens. Since we have great skies in this early summer weather I tried out a polar filter, having not used one with the Pancro 400 before, and was pleased by the results. Here are 4 samples; the film was developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

Cottage

Cottage.jpg

Save Me From the Suburbs...

Save ME from the suburbs.jpg

Donovan's Shed

Donovans Shed.jpg

The Retro Room

The Retro Room.jpg

2. Well I've come full circle... I used to love square format and now I prefer 3:2- It is a mind set but basically my taste is wide angle so this fits better ..I think ..in an over square format. Another thing may be, I am uncomfortable with the 6x6 Rolleiflex type viewing now. I don't trust my eyes and the loupe viewing I can't do unless it's right next to my eye...

3. I finished the Bergger Pancro 400 film in the Mamiya 645 1000s, fitted with the 55-110 Mamiya Sekor f/4.5 lens. Since we have great skies in this early summer weather I tried out a polar filter, having not used one with the Pancro 400 before, and was pleased by the results. Here are 4 samples; the film was developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

Hi Rick,
    You say you used a polarizing filer.. this is not a yellow filer but a polarizer ie gray filter... very impressive . You just blow me away with your images!! Great!!

4. Chuck, find out what diopter reading glasses give you a sharp screen when focusing with the Rollei (or any other TLR). Purchase them with one of the "string things" that allow the readers to be popped on & off one's nose bridge but prevent "dropping" the glasses. I feel for any one with tired eyes, or horrors that be, "old, tired eyes" (did I just do a "selfie"???) , so use this set up for all my cameras, 35 & 120. Bill

5. Thanks,Chuck! Yes, just a standard Hoya Circular Polarising Filter (CPL). It serves to darken blue skies and enhance detail in bright clouds.

6. [​IMG]
    Frozen Spiderwebs, Leica IIIc, Leitz 5cm f/2.5 Hektor, Fomapan 100 (HC-110,H, 12.5m @ 20C)

7. Himatic_133_Amerikaan.jpg

Minolta Himatic 7S AGFA APX400

8. Can't tell for sure, but the car looks like maybe a '74 or '75 Malibu. Engine could be a 250 cid inlike six or a 350 cid V8. The bigger engines usually had a badge on side fender (like 400 or 454) although I've seen some with the 350 badge.

9. One more from me for this weekly thread. A shot of the "super moon" from Sunday night. I used an Orion Apex 90, which is essentially a 1250 mm f13.9 mirror lens with telescope attachments. I cropped image on sides. I used this same lens in No Words for a digital image, but with the digital crop factor the EFL is 2000. Moon had not quite cleared the trees as a few out of focus branches at moon's edge.
    upload_2017-12-6_5-23-34.jpeg
    Super Moon, Olympus OM-1, Apex 90, Plus-X

James Bryant and Wouter Willemse like this.