Film Camera Week for August 4

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Aug 3, 2017.

1. My wife and I went for a drive today. Stopped in at REI and bought a 2 liter Hydropak water container for hiking and we both got a Clean Canteen insulated metal water container. The hydropak can go inside the pack or tie onto the outside. It's a soft container so you can fold it up when not in use. Hydropak also makes water bladders that are reversible and they look real nice. My problem with that is when I am working at Pinnacles I stuff 4 water bottles in the bladder compartment to give to hikers when I find them in the High Peaks and without water. So there is not any room for the bladder. However when on a photo hike that area would be available so I may add a Hydropak bladder to my kit if I decide I want to. The good news is from now on I am going to be sipping nice ice water out there. That will be nice.

Couple shots from the cliffs in Carmel Calif.

Carmel  cliff web.jpg west web.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Zenobia
    35833171021_5067fd7abf_z.jpg
    Bier bike

3. Zenobia
    35833171371_de02f58794_b.jpg
    f11 35sec , during the exposure a car passed by , creating the light effects (streaks)

4. A miscellany to start with; hopefully the weather will allow me to post a few more during the course of the weekend. First, three from an Olympus OM10 fitted with a Vivitar (Kobori) 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens. The film was Kentmere 100 developed in PMK Pyro.

August Sky

August Sky.jpg

Dappled

Dappled.jpg

Waiting for Summer

Waiting for Summer.jpg

One from the Mamiya 6451000s with the Sekor 105-210mm ULD C f/4.5 lens : Bergger Pancro 400 : PMK Pyro

Assertive

Assertive copy.jpg

Canon A1 : 35-210mm Tamron Adaptall II f/3.5-4.2 (Model 26A) : Kentmere 100 : PMK Pyro

Shiny

Shine.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Zorki6, Summar 50mm f2, HP5, Xtol/Rodinal
    scripps bokeh.jpg FED1d, FED 50mm f3.5, Fomapan200 EI400, Xtol/Rodinal.
    a2 lake.jpg Zorki6, Summar 50mm f2, Kentmere400, Xtol/Rodinal.
    2lightsinside.jpg

6. From a test-roll with a Werra III - that's a rangefinder from carl Zeiss Jena. Coupled rangefinder (still fairly accurate), but the version without light-meter.

[​IMG]
    Detail Petrikirche
    by Georg, auf Flickr
    Werra III, Tessar 50/2.8, expired T-Max 100 (the first version), developed in Xtol 1+1, crappy flatbed-scan

7. I went for a short hike today at Pinnacles (3 mi). Just testing my pack, carrying the gear and my new water Hydropak system from REI. It all worked well. Kind of hot out there at about 100 degrees again so I was definitely drinking some water. Anyway my first shot on a roll of Delta 400. 10 stop ND filter stacked with a contrast filter. I really like the Delta films and probably will just shoot Delta 100 and 400 films for a while after I exhaust the misc stuff I currently have. ID11 for 14min.

Pinnacles National Park web.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  8. One more shot for tonight. I forgot to bring my 2 stop grad filter so I just went with a circular polarizer on this shot. it was overexposed and has a bit to much grain. Same roll and processing as before.

PinnReservoir web.jpg

9. Great images, everyone. I'll add more later. I've got two rolls of FP4+ to scan: one from the Konica C35V and the other from Minolta SRT 202 with 35mm Rokkor MC.

10. A recent shot with the Rolleiflex Slixtysix (SL66) on one of my last remaining rolls of Agfa APX 100. It was my favorite 100-speed film.

[​IMG]

Wolken dunkel, Kaffee schwarz by Georg, auf Flickr

SL66, Planar 80/2.8 wide open, expired APX 100 in Xtol 1+1, negative scan
    Thats a view into my cup of coffee - dark clouds above me. I hope the negative will wet-print to satisfy my needs/wishes.

11. From the C35V with FP4+
    upload_2017-8-5_20-11-30.jpeg
    endless road work on campus

upload_2017-8-5_20-12-27.jpeg
    From the balcony at Mugshots (Starkville)

The little C35V despite its age is still very capable. No rangefinder or self-timer like its more sophisticated sibling (C35 A), but one neat feature it has that the automatic doesn't- instead of guide numbers it has manually selected apertures. True that the shutter is then set to 1/25, but it does allow some limited manual use should battery expire.

One more
    upload_2017-8-5_20-15-55.jpeg
    The wife waiting at the car while I finish taking pictures

James Bryant and John Farrell like this.
  12. That will make a fabulous print, Georg_sI1...

Yesterday I completed the reassembly of the 105mm Solinar f/4.5 lens on the Agfa Billy Compur that's the subject of my "It's a Pretty Thing" thread. I loaded the camera with a roll of Ilford HP5 Plus and took it out for a spin. The results are impressive; I think the effort was well worthwhile. Here are three samples; the film was developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 using Silverfast SE software.

August : Late Afternoon

August Late Afternoon copy.jpg

Ride Me

Ride Me copy.jpg

The Plains : August

Plains August copy.jpg

13. Great shots, Rick. Glad you were able to get this camera into working condition. I always enjoy what you post from these cameras you revive.

14. Thanks Mike! Results like these from a camera that's around 75 years of age makes one realise that the craftmanship was at least equal to much of what we were producing at the end of the film era.

15. Last week, I received a package of Arista EDU Ultra 100 film, from B&H. I loaded a roll in my Agfaflex, fitted with the 35mm lens, and headed to the local Farmers Market, held at the railway station. The film was developed in Rodinal, scanned with my Canoscan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sun was low in the sky, and the vignetting was caused by a lenshood meant for a 50mm lens.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. To conclude my contributions for the weekend, here are three frames from a Minox 35 EL with it's magnificent 35mm Color Minotar f/2.8 lens.The film was Kentmere 100, developed in PMK Pyro.

Breakfast Before the Storm

Breakfast Before the Storm copy.jpg

Drainways II

Drainways II Pnet.jpg

Sunday Carpark

Sunday Car Park Pnet.jpg

davecaz and Mike Gammill like this.
  17. With the roll I shot in the C35V I also processed a roll from the SRT 202 with 35mm f2.8 MC Rokkor HG.
    upload_2017-8-6_6-26-32.jpeg
    In front of hardware store, SRT 202, 35mm MC Rokkor, FP4+

upload_2017-8-6_6-28-59.jpeg
    bookstore in Columbus, same outfit plus deep yellow filter

one more
    upload_2017-8-6_6-30-18.jpeg
    looking east from Mugshots balcony

davecaz and Tony Evans like this.
  18. Hello everyone. From Washington (the state) with the Vito II. EDU 400, OA & V800 scan. Enjoy, Bill 2k17-079-005 ces13 bc.jpg

davecaz likes this.
  19. Tasty Advice ! 2k17-079-006 ces23 bc.jpg

Tony Evans likes this.