Film Camera Week for August 13

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Greetings, all and welcome to our new thread. Post all the images you like from any film camera, I'll start with some images from a roll of Ilford Pan F+ that I processed and scanned earlier in the week. I processed it in HC 110 dilution H, Camera was Olympus XA.
    upload_2021-8-12_4-51-9.jpeg
    near Fondren area of Jackson (across the street from Green Ghost Taco)
    upload_2021-8-12_5-1-12.jpeg
    side street in same area
    upload_2021-8-12_5-2-24.jpeg
    not much traffic (but it was a Saturday morning)
    upload_2021-8-12_5-3-40.jpeg
    reaching limits of XA slow shutter (at least with slow film) Table top served as tripod
    upload_2021-8-12_5-5-3.jpeg
    Lee Blvd near Campus Book Mart at Mississippi State.
    That's all for now, Looking forward to seeing everyone's images.

2. Some from a Nikon FE with a 35-70mm Nikkor f/3.5-4.5 lens. The film was Ilford FP4 Plus developed in PMK Pyro.

75 copy.jpg

After the Storm

Afterr the Storm copy.jpg

August Light

August Light.jpg

Bamboo

Bamboo copy.jpg

Gav the Butcher

Gav the butcher.jpg

Jazz

Jazz.jpg

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canon DIAL 35, Kodak Double-X

4. Something wild:​

[​IMG]

TRITON, Lomo Sprocket Rocket, 3 exposures on Agfaphoto APX 400 new, developed in HC110​

5. The Belhaven, Jackson Mississippi. Nikon FM2n, Nikkor 35/1.4 ais. Tiffen #12 yellow filter, Kodak 400TX or Tri-X. 2021 ab&w 8 8.jpg

6. Overhead walkway, Jackson, Mississippi. Nikon FM2n, Nikkor 35/1.4 ais 2021 ab&w 8 9.jpg , #12, Tri-X.

7. Cotton Bale Battery, Jackson Mississippi, USA. Nikon FM2n, Nikkor 35mm/1.4 ais, #12, Tri-X. 2021 ab&w 8 11.jpg

8. Yellow flowers lightened by using a yellow filter on B&W film. Filters pass their own color and block others. Nikon FM2n, Nikkor 105/2.5 ais, B+W 022 medium yellow filter, Tri-X. 2021 ab&w 8 14.jpg

9. Green, downtown Starkville, Mississippi. FM2n, Nikkor 28/2.8 ais, #12, Tri-X. 2021 ab&w 8 24.jpg

MarcelRomviel, LMar, kklow and 3 others like this.
  10. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

More taken with Kiev-19, MC Helios-81 50/2, Ektar 100.

Trailhead, Kiev-19 MC Helios-81 50 f2.jpg

Trailhead

11. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

12. IL-SIU-Start-Helios-44-03-copy.jpg
    Ctapt, Гелиос-44 Soviet SLR

13. Canon A-1, 50mm 1.4 and Ektar 100. From a trip to Aruba a week ago - tried to capture more of the less photogenic parts of the island.
    61510026.JPG

14. 004CMC Escocés Barba Gorra Portobello Hanimex135.jpg
    Portobello
    Canon FT. Canon FL 135. Tri-X 400

033CMC Trotskysta-Hyde Park Corner C55FL.jpg
    recording the teacher (Hyde Park Corner)
    Canon FT. Canon FL 55. Tri-X 400

035CMC Abuelita-Hyde Park Coner- C135FL.jpg
    Hyde Park Corner
    Canon FT. Canon FL 135. Tri-X 400

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  15. Here are some samples from an unusual lens, a 28-80mm Soligor f/3.9-4.9. I bought it because my curiosity was aroused by the almost total lack of information on the Net relating to this lens, and because Soligor-branded lenses are sometimes hidden gems. This one comes close to that category; it's a beautifully made little lens, solid and very smooth in both pump-action focal adjustment and focus, with very bright glass. It has the not-so-popular Canon FD mount, which may have contributed to the asking price of $20...

According to the serial number the manufacturer may have been Tokina, though I have come across a nearly identical lens from Mitake. Either way, it's a fine performer. The camera was a Canon T-70 and the film was Ilford FP4 Plus developed in PMK Pyro.

Caution Caution.jpg

Gracias

Gracias copy.jpg

July Morning

July Morning copy.jpg

Late

Late July copy.jpg

Seriously Contre Jour

Seriously Contre Jour copy.jpg

Kansas Street

Kansas Street copy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  16. Great results, Rick. This might have been a later lens than the Soligor 28-80 f 3.5-4.5 we stocked at the family camera shop. I tried one and found the edges at the 28mm setting a bit soft wide open, otherwise a decent if unspectacular performer. Your 28-80 looks really nice and sharp.
    And to all, great beginning to our weekly thread.

17. Thanks, Mike. I was intrigued by the "f/3.9-4.9" apertures, a sort of intermediate step past the conventional f/3.5-4.5.

18. Tried one of my old Werra-rangefinder-cameras with a roll of expired Pan F plus.
    Unfortunately the tried example proved to be faulty: the shutter stayed sometimes open during the film-transport.
    But some images are useable:

[​IMG]WERRA by Georg, auf Flickr

[​IMG]WERRA by Georg, auf Flickr

19. Hope this is ok
    Here is the first shot with an SX-70 that I picked up at a yard sale, I received a pack of film directly from Polaroid.
    Not the greatest but hopefully I will get the hang of it.
    Mike if this is too new a camera just delete.

Thanks
    Don

8-16-21 frt yard.jpg

20. Thanks, Donald. We don't worry about a camera being too new (aka not "classic enough") in this weekly thread. A number of years back we had a separate thread for modern film cameras but the participation was not very good so I suggested we absorb modern film cameras into classic film cameras for this weekly thread. As a result, we still got plenty of classic film camera images, but we got more images from modern cameras as well. The companion thread that I start every year (365 day thread) also welcomes all film cameras. The rest of the forum is generally for the classic film cameras, although as the years go by the distinction between classic and modern has blurred a little.
    Lots of great images, everyone. Please continue to share and if you're new to Photo.net this thread or the 365 day thread are a great way to introduce yourself.

MarcelRomviel, ] and georg_s|1 like this.