Film Camera Week for August 10

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Cantal, France. Nikon FM2n, Provia, 50mm.

Bread.

[​IMG]

2. Alta Terra hotel, Lavigerie, Cantal, France. 24mm, Velvia.

[​IMG]

3. Near Le Claux / Cheylade, France. 24mm, Velvia.

[​IMG]

4. Gotta love those Velvia skies......

5. Hard to beat a FN2n. How did the airlines deal with film and X-rays. Looks great.

6. I asked for a hand check at each of four security checkpoints. Three obliged without x-rays. One put my lead lined film bag through the x-ray machine, which probably showed them a big black square, and then they didn't even open it to look at the contents!

7. Aside from the Pentacon Super, the L-series Prakticas are the pride of Praktica production. I have a good sampling of them, and they are straight-forward and reliable.

Praktica-L-(Hanimex)-series-1972-09-MP.jpg
    Modern Photography 1972-09

Praktica-L2-1004021-7.jpg
    Praktica L2

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  8. 2k17-087-003 ces26 rr.jpg Hello again. I believe a relative of Mr. Farron's "Tex Rat" is living close to me here in Tulalip. I have spotted this mutant sub species of Rodentia several time when it delivers it's driver to the Stanwood Farmers Market on Fridays. A friend of mine from U of Wa. has named it "Wa Wat". Aloha from the Mainland, Bill

9. I had previously posted photos sourced by the processor who emails me photos and I pick up negatives when convenient. The files emailed are 72 dpi. What a difference when I scan the negatives. I said before that they seemed grainy. Here are some of the scanned negatives yashicamat scanned 8-10-18I.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18 BWI.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18B.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18 BWB.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18H.jpg yashicamat scanned 8-10-18D.jpg

10. It's a first cousin for sure.

11. SOOO much better! :)

donald_miller|5 likes this.
  12. Hello again. Don, your picture just above mjferron's post is showing a "bleed" from Kodak's system of letters/numbers used on 120 film. Was your film 120 Kodak? This bleed-thru was first seen 2-3 years ago with Kodak's TMY / TMX films in 120. Might you still have a current batch of this film so emulsion numbers can be given to Kodak? Their response to the b/w "event" was very professional. People who use this film need to be alerted to a potential bleed thru to any work. Bill

bradleycloven likes this.
  13. Actually that is portra 800 film that i converted to BW with photoshop. I noticred that also. It also noticed on the color photo. I guess I will contact Kodak about this also

14. Four frames from a roll of Ilford HP5 Plus developed in PMK Pyro. The camera was a Mamiya 645 1000S fitted with the Mamiya Sekor 55-105mm f/4.5 lens.

Turkey Red

Turkey Red.jpg

Four O'Clock

Four oclock.jpg

Emperos

Emperos.jpg

Merino Kids

Merino Kids.jpg

15. Donald Miller said
    Notice that it's "egg" not "eggs"... I don't eat out very often in this expensive little country...

16. Continuing to love the results from that Mamiya 55-105, Rick.

17. Thanks Mike. I'm torn between the Mamiya 645 1000s and the Bronica ETRs when it comes to 645 format, but that Mamiya 55-110 zoom lens often tips the balance.

18. Found a roll of UFX400 (exposed) rattling around in a Fed kit, popped it into my OA and. . . . vintage car pictures from last month. V800 scanned. Here are two. Aloha from the Mainland, Bill 2k18-054-004 ces5 bc.jpg