FileMaker Pro uses for a commercial photographer

I've got basic experience using FileMaker pro to manage a client list and for invoicing purposes, but am curious what else this powerful

program can do for a commercial photographer?

I'm just starting a very small, on the side commercial photography business, which I hope to one day develop into a much larger full time

studio. I plan to create two databases with filemaker, one for a contact list of all my clients, and one for estimates/invoices. Are there

other things I could use Filemaker for? I'd also hope to view financial reports, such as the total $ amount earned from a particular client in

a year.

Thanks for any advice.

it seems that they have an extension or plug in for filemaker pro called Bookkeeper which will probably do the deed for you. Personally, i like Quickbooks Pro because it is literally an all in one AND it calculates your taxes for you.. Cant beat that. A few reports and your done!

I would just get it now.. the sooner the better. You will be the happiest person in the planet once you do get it. I am a book keeper by trade - its my day job, and i ONLY use QB when i set up books.. ESPECIALLY for people who are like sub-contractors or free lancers.. you can track you ACTUAL profits and loss too

Hi Josh,

I've been using FM pro since...filemaker on my 128k mac in 1985. I use it for everything. All my contact lists, checkbooks,

expenses, income. And I only had to learn one piece of software, and I've never read a manual for it. (though I might be a more

advanced user if I did!) With it, I can prepare my records for my tax accountant in about an hour. All my expense receipts are

scanned and filed with each record in the database.

Good luck with your new business.