Ferrania BW film is back

I watched on you-tube the Art of Photography blog where he interviewed the US representative for the company. They covered the entire story about the machines, problems and successes and the history of Ferrania.. It's pretty interesting and it's great that essentially a new film producer is risen from the dead. Apparently they are going to be a film manufacturer and that's all they want to do. P30 is just their first film.

Film Ferrania remains fraught. After collecting quite a bit of dough and goodwill via their Kickstarter campaign, they've yet to deliver anything anyone can put in their cameras. First it was an E-6 material, now it's b&w--neither materialized. Sorry but I'll believe it when I can buy their product and shoot it. Till then, Kodak and Ilford get my vote and $$$. No one can shoot Dave Bias's spin.

Not sure what you mean with all the negativity. The b&w is simply the first two layers of the E6 film they wish to market. They are currently producing it and it has been tested by numerous photographers. This will allow them to get the coating facility up to snuff. So, you saying they have not delivered anything that can go into a camera is simply false. Maybe know something about the topic before you attack the people and company trying to pull this off.

I also not get the negative reaction; when I saw the kickstarter, to me it appeared they actually managed to set reasonable expectations about the long time they'd need to get things started back up. It's not like a flick of a switch, and they made that pretty clear.

If I can find this film, I'll probably give it a try.

Not sure what you mean with all the negativity. The b&w is simply the first two layers of the E6 film they wish to market. They are currently producing it and it has been tested by numerous photographers. This will allow them to get the coating facility up to snuff. So, you saying they have not delivered anything that can go into a camera is simply false. Maybe know something about the topic before you attack the people and company trying to pull this off.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8905338486/film-ferrania-p30-black-and-white-film-will-get-a-limited-alpha-release

Where's the product, Dave? Please direct me to the "numerous" photographers' postings outside the one mentioned above."Alpha" testing? Priceless.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/8905338486/film-ferrania-p30-black-and-white-film-will-get-a-limited-alpha-release

Where's the product, Dave? Please direct me to the "numerous" photographers' postings outside the one mentioned above."Alpha" testing? Priceless.

Like I said...actually know something about the topic before uou spout off. Here is a test series of images from rolls provided to an Italian photographer who tried using different developers and exposure ratings. You said there was nothing to load into a camera. You are wrong...just like I said.

http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2017/alpha-testing

However I plan on buying a few rolls when it's comes around. You never know what a film might offer you until you try it. I have a few rolls of StreetPan 400 at my son's house and he will bring it over soon. Actually he purchased it and is giving me some of it. It's a strange world out there. Out of all the people I know not one of them has a camera beyond their cell phone. But my son and I are hobby photographers and we both shoot film and both of us want to try the new Italian film for sure and all the other B/W films that they bring out in the years to come. If they survive as they are on a shoestring budget and it is hard to start manufacturing without cash. But we will just have to wait and see how it goes.

Like I said...actually know something about the topic before uou spout off. Here is a test series of images from rolls provided to an Italian photographer who tried using different developers and exposure ratings. You said there was nothing to load into a camera. You are wrong...just like I said.

http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2017/alpha-testing

Unless you're working for or with Ferrania, you know no more than the rest of us who've read what Ferrania reports. They have to get a reliable product to market simply to maintain credible. They need more than a few test shots--and soon.

Fine, then you do not buy the Ferrania film, and the rest of us will have the patience to wait a bit more, to see if we can actually try it for ourselves. I still see no reason why you repeatedly need to pretend that Ferrania is vapourware, and act like those who do think they will deliver are setting themselves up to be deluded. Unless you joined the kickstarter and they confirmed you in writing you will never see your money back, I think the negativity is completely uncalled for.

Unless you're working for or with Ferrania, you know no more than the rest of us who've read what Ferrania reports. They have to get a reliable product to market simply to maintain credible. They need more than a few test shots--and soon.

I know some of the people involved in the project. That said, what I know or don't know isn't the issue. The issue is you said no film has been made to put in a camera. I have corrected that misinformation. It would also be nicemif people were positive about this type of development as opposed to always looking for what can go wrong. It gets tiring.

I know some of the people involved in the project. That said, what I know or don't know isn't the issue. The issue is you said no film has been made to put in a camera. I have corrected that misinformation. It would also be nicemif people were positive about this type of development as opposed to always looking for what can go wrong. It gets tiring.

Please...Neither of us can get the stuff. That's a fact, bro. Ferrania has been all about delays since the Kickstarter campaign began. Let's see how it does if/when P30 or any Ferrania product becomes widely available. Happy talk and "positive" comments seem quite beside the point.

• 2 weeks later...
Please...Neither of us can get the stuff. That's a fact, bro. Ferrania has been all about delays since the Kickstarter campaign began. Let's see how it does if/when P30 or any Ferrania product becomes widely available. Happy talk and "positive" comments seem quite beside the point.

So would it some how bother you if they got it together and got a film to market? You sound like you have some kind of animus towards it, and as you say you've never seen it and tried it. Do you hope it fails for some reason? If so, why?

• Like 1

So would it some how bother you if they got it together and got a film to market? You sound like you have some kind of animus towards it, and as you say you've never seen it and tried it. Do you hope it fails for some reason? If so, why?

Still waiting, just like you and everyone else, for widespread availability and testing. Till then, the jury's out.