Fee for fashion shoot

Discussion in 'Portraits and Fashion' started by peter_j|2, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I've been asked to photograph 15 female outfits worn by models for a fashion designer. The work will be local and I will be working without an assistant. What fee should I be charging? Thanks.

2. Whatever the market will bear. Start high, then haggle. Be prepared to refuse the job if the fee is far too low.

3. Do you have experience doing that kind of work? If not do it for free. You should never practice on paying customers.

4. Charles, I have fashion runway experience and have given this designer some images of her runway show for free. Now, she wants to pay me for off runway shoots of next season's outfits. She will pay. Just need to know what ballpark figure to present. Thanks.

5. Its a little hard to suggest what you should charge. For one I have no idea what will be involved or how long you will need in your shoot of 15 outfits. Only you know what you need to charge to stay in business. If this is not your livelihood then charge a fee that you will be happy with. Hourly rates are not the best route in general, a per shot would be best. $100, $200?

6. Michael: Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for.