Fe2 back - Can't open - no rewind knob - arrrrrrrr

dan_weisel

Dan,

Is the rewind knob missing or can you not find it? If it IS missing, it sounds like it's time for a trip to the shop.

From your post, I'm not sure what you are asking for. Do you know how to open the back?

I hope I can help, but I need more information.

Vernon

Are you new to the Nikon and have no manual to refer to? If so, here are the directions: The rewind knob is located on the top left of the camera (when the lens is facing away from you). To rewind, push in the little round metal button on the bottom of the camera while you turn the rewind knob (flip out the lever, follow the arrow's direction). The tension on the winding will drop when the film is rewound. Then, to open the back you should pull up the rewind knob until the door springs open.

OK Dan,this will only work if the release is still there. It looks like a little tab where the rewind knob is supposed to be. Get a paperclip and straighten it out. Next bend the end into an L shape that will fit down the hole where the rewind knob is supposed to be.( I have a crochet hook that I use for this procedure)Pull the tab towards the back of the camera and put the paperclip down in the hole. Fish around and you will find the catch that releases the back. Viola, The back will open. My advice is to take it to your local camera store though. They have a lot of experience doing this. Thats where I learned.