FD Photos for July

ridinhome

<p>Stuart Gross is away so he's asked me to start this thread for July. Please post your favourite FD photo or photos (maximum of 6) taken during the month of July or earlier and include a description of the equipment used. Remember to keep the long side down to 700 pixels in order to post in-line. This is not a critique, but comments are always welcome.<br>

July was not the most productive month for me but I did experiment with a new film - Pro 160S. The results were very interesting to me. From a print perspective, I've never been happier with the prints I got from Walgreen. Beautiful, crisp, saturated colors. The scans on the other hand were terrible. Not my best roll since I shot a lot in low light and used a flash, something I'm not very adept with.<br>

So here's this month's selection.</p>

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Looks like we're off to a good start!<br /> <strong>Ashley</strong> - Fancy Dude is great! Well captured! Where is Shikanoshima?<br /> <strong>Rick</strong> - I'm having a hard time picking which one of your pics this month I like the most. Lake Moon is fantastic, but I love what you're doing with that Soligor.<br /> <strong>Lauren</strong> - thanks for the kind words. I got lucky - I happened to stop by a record sale when I saw the owner's son playing with the record player. Just had time to get a couple of shots in before he got shy.<br /> <strong>Micheal</strong> - Love the seesaw pics! Especially like how you took something so seemingly mundane and made a photo essay out of it.<br /> <strong>Robert</strong> - nice Hot Rod pic. Is it yours? I'm going to have to see about getting a G1 at some point.</p>

<p>Upgrading The Mac's software has created problems for compatibility issues with my Canon ScanGear program...hey, it's always something.<br>

Anyway, this is from last weekend's MotoGP USGP at Laguna Seca. Nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi as seen through a Canon F-1's Servo EE Finder and FD 800mm f/5.6L. For this shot a monopod was used, and Provia 100F film. </p><div>00Wyqh-265217684.jpg.b60af7920ca45c1050f86ba60877596a.jpg</div>