FD 70 - 210mm 1:4

elmarie_britz

Hi, yes it can fit with an adapter but honestly its not worth the trouble, as the image is degraded by an optic lens in the adapter, you could take it out and it will act as an extension tube and lose inf.

There was an EF 70 210 which if you can find one, is very good.

good luck

There were TWO Canon 70-210 zooms. The first was a straight f4. It was a push-pull zoom with arc form drive (AFD) AF. This was one of the fisrt EOS telezooms. The second one was the f3.5-4.5 version with ultrasonic (USM) focusing. Most people prefer the later USM version but the two are about equal from an optical standpoint. The original sells for about USD 180 today, about what it sold new for in the late 1980s.

Elmarie,

As has already been said, Canon FD lenses will not fit on EOS cameras without an FD to EOS adapter of some sort. Even at that, they are a pain to use and not all FD-EOS adapters will work with all FD lenses.

I had a Canon FD 70-210 f/4 lens back in my pre-EOS days, but I didn't have it long. I found it to be optically disappointing compared to similar Sigma and Tamron lenses, and a Canon FD 80-200 f/4L lens that ultimately replaced it.

I would suggest you follow the other recommendations above and get an EF telephoto zoom lens for your EOS camera.

Jim