FD 35mm TS Lens

don_boyd3

Thank all who responded to my earlier request for info about this very interesting lens. I couldn't resist. So I just pulled the trigger on lens,

hood, filter, case and manual on the bay. Got it for less than I thought would be needed. I'll be in study mode for some time. I'm pumped.

Don B in Hampton Roads

Sorry I missed the first thread - I have the lens and like it a lot - I use the tilt function more than the shift as I rarely do architectural. Two tips for its use are; get a grid screen for your camera (I use an F1N or a T90 in both cases it is a D type screen) and meter carefully. In my case I find that the T90 tends to meter better with this lens than the F1N. I am not really sure why the F1N does not meter as well but especially in close up shots the meter is not really as accurate as I would like. This is not a camera issue as it is fine with all other lenses - it may be just that the T90 has a more modern (and more accurate) meter. In the case of the F1N I use the AD screen - it may be better with a PD screen. With print film the meter issue is not significant but with Velvia 50 I generally use the T90. I have not tried the lens on my A1

Thank you Philip. I have F-1n's (Second Edition). Got a Laser D screen then had it modified with the Brightscreen 20/20

upgrade. ((I also have a Laser G screen but Brightscreen didn't think their modification would make any difference). I am

convinced the MLU function helps any camera between 1/30 and 1/2 second. I do not use the in-camera meters but use a

Pentax 1 Degree Spotmeter with appropriate adjustments for different magnifications. Thank you for your insight.

Don B in Hampton Roads