Favorite Nikon Camera

vincent_adams

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>By far my Nikon F2. I actually have four of them -- the one I saved my pennies for when I was 15 years old, and three others acquired later. I also various prisms/meters motors etc. They're built like a locomotive and there are no sissy frills like autofocus or fancy metering. Just a real camera for real photographers. :)</p>

<p>My favorite is the one I'm using at the moment! (Just happens to be a D90 right now and for the next year or two...after that???). As soon as I can locate an FM2n that will be my favorite film model--all mechanical except a batt for the light meter. </p>

<p>Among 35mm film Nikon SLRs, another vote for the F3HP. Despite the few quirks it simply feels right and works well.</p>

<p>Among Nikon dSLRs, dunno. I'm still using the D2H and like it, other than the bulk and weight. Of the more compact Nikon dSLRs I've tried I was most impressed with the D90. Haven't tried the D7000 yet but I'm betting I'd like it.</p>

<p>The F100.</p>

<p>It can use all my manual focus lenses (once I had them AI'ed) as well as all the new auto full frame lenses. As my eyes get older (and I get lazier) , auto focus is very helpful. Coupled with the SB-28 Speedlight, flash is "magic" compared to my older FTn and Vivitar 285 - especially fill flash.</p>

<p>When I finally break down and purchase my first DSLR, I am sure I will like the Dxxx, just as well.</p>

<p>Quick answer: all of them :)</p>

<p>Real answer:<br>

Favorite manual focus: F3HP. The feel is perfect and it's got enough features, all laid out just right.<br>

Favorite modern: F100. The size is like it was molded to my hand.<br>

Favorite digital: D90. I'd say D700 if I owned one, but I'm holding out and saving up for the next version.</p>

<p>I'll jump into the fray. My favorite manual focus film one is the F3HP, favorite AF is the D300. The F100 is a wonderful camera for film/AF fans. Lastly my EM is so light I just toss it in the car when I'm out and about.</p>

<p>I'm going to go in a different direction. I vote for the FG-20, since it was the first camera I ever owned. I got it when I was 6 :) Technically my father bought it for my mother, but she wasn't interested in learning how to use it and I was. And that was the camera I used, until about halfway through college.</p>