Favorite MF Filters?

gateway

<p>After ordering a used Yashica Mat LM (w/ Bay 1/Bay 30 hood & lens caps) from KEH today, I began wondering what others are using for medium format filters. The work will be B&W & color negative film and slides.</p>

<p>Main goal is to shoot the Yashinon + hood w/o filters. Any suggestions or recommendations for occasional use, daylight filters? Also, I've read that some have stepped up from Bay 1 to 49mm or other sizes.</p>

<p>Yes, there's a Bayonet I to 49mm adapter available. I got mine from Adorama in NYC.</p>

<p>You might look on fleapay for a set of filters, such as yellow, green, orange, deep red and especially a pair of Bayonet I polarizers. Better yet, try to get your hands on a Minolta Autopole, two polarizers that rotate in unison that I THINK fits the Yashica. You may have to google that info.</p>

<p>I use stepup rings to 52mm, because my 'good' filters are 52mm. With a 52mm hood on as well, it will interfere with the viewing lens of a TLR, but I work slow and I can live with that. </p>

<p>My favorite filter for black and white is no filter. In second place is a light yellow-green, like an X0, which lightens foliage and makes people look good. I sometimes use a yellow-orange for landscapes.</p>

<p>Step up to 52mm sounds good and I've seen one for $25 that is out-of-stock at the moment. That will work for some of my Nikon filters-including CPL. And, as Dave mentioned, a standard hood with 52mm filters is precarious.</p>

<p>I'll consider these: light yellow-green, yellow-orange, and red.</p>