Fast Image/Monitor rotation?

<p>Just setup an NEC P241W monitor and I have a question. Is there a practical, fast way to rotate the monitor and the image being edited to match vertically or horizontally? One sees ads showing a vertical images on vertical monitors, so I was optimistic---but is it just hype? I see no easy way to do that. There is a useless auto-rotate feature which detects the monitor orientation but it just stretches Photoshop, the image and even the mouse cursor to make it fit. About 2-3 minutes down into the Windows settings it can be changed and it works as advertised. But that would a pain to switch every time I switch to a file with a different orientation. My video card (AMD Radeon) allows one-click switches of different setups, but it does not seem to record that far down, just superficial, cosmetic things. Maybe a hotkey, something I'm missing in the Radeon setup? Hate to waste all the great monitor acreage when editing a vertical image (all the PS palettes are on a second monitor regardless.)<br /><br />I called NEC and was told there is no way to do this, but the tech support person seemed tentative. <br /><br />Thanks.</p>