Fargo ND Photo Locations

SteveH

<p>I'm going to be working in Fargo, North Dakota for the next several weeks. Anyone have ideas for photo locations within a reasonable distance of town? How about sunset locations, parks, old farmhouses and barns, flowers? Thanks in advance, Steve</p>

<p>Hi Steve.<br>

I used to live in Morris Minnesota and when we wanted to go 'to the big city' hey, Fargo was just 100 miles away! East of Fargo (Moorehead MN) there were two nature preserves, one I think run by the Nature Conservency? Anyway in the Spring it was a great place to photograph Greater Prairie Chickens from blinds. It might be a little late to hit the booming grounds for their dances (really something cool to see) but the park itself should be nice. You can also check it out here:<br>

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/minnesota/preserves/art6940.html</p>

<p>You might also try emailing Kent Staubus here at photonet or just searching out his posts. He's a SD native and posts lots of advice on SD.</p>

<p>Possibly still a lot of flood damage in the area. That's what happens when you have a river that doesn't have the good sense to head south rather than north to avoid ice jams.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=39504"></a></p>

<p>PS. I don't know if this is still there but in Downtown Fargo there was a sort of 'visitors' North South street not too far from the river. I wish I could recall the actual store but there is a place there that makes the world's best fountain Vanilla Cola. Ask around and I'm sure, Ya sure, (you bet-ch-ya) that you should be able to find it.</p>