"Far North" - a small Nikon F Gallery

<p>Hi all,<br /><br />some weeks ago, I traveled with the family to the northernmost trip of Denmark - nowhere near polar territorry, but very nice nature. This year, I left the digital at home and brought my trusty F instead. So here's a link to a small gallery of 13 B/W images:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.imagepro.dk/Skagen_2010/">http://www.imagepro.dk/Skagen_2010/</a><br /><br />Hope you enjoy them :-)<br /><br />Soeren</p><div>00VyXo-228315684.jpg.51aada202d55e53a1b2ce2fe2d6c24b5.jpg</div>

<p>Just great, Soeren, you certainly have an eye for a picture. Black and white at it's best. Like you, I find the CN400 a worthy substitute for conventional B&W, and it seems to have performed well for you here. "Frozen In", "The Long Walk Home" and "Going Home" appeal, particularly. Thanks for an enjoyable post.</p>

<p>Really nice, smooth shots. The touch of warm rendition and the subject matter were perfectly matched, and it looked as if the models all knew exactly how best to pose for you. Job well done, and just keep that old camera humming!</p>

<p>Soeren,<br /> Sorry to say but you are gravely mislead, the most northern part of Denmark is located near the North pole, on the Greenland. Actually Denmark is contesting the North Pole itself with Russia and Canada. They almost started a war couple years ago. Pictures are great in any way.</p>

<p>A wonderful testament to a great classic camera and a very talented photographer.<br>

The Nikon F will still be humming along long after digital camera now in existence has gone to electronic heaven.<br>

This photo essay is a near perfect answer to the question "Why do you still use film?"</p>

<p>Those photos really took my breath away. Even viewed at such a small size, they're truly amazing, and it proves, once again, that the camera doesn't matter (although the F is a beautiful piece of machinery).</p>

<p>These few photos might convince me not to bring my dSLR to Europe this summer and just shoot with 2 film cameras.</p>

<p>Wow, I am honestly stunned and humbled by all your positive comments !! Makes me want to go out and shoot even more :-)<br /><br />The camera was made, when I was less than one year old, and it still works flawlessly - the meter included. I really enjoy working with a "historically significant" camera like the Nikon F (or my Leica M3, for that matter), but I still agree that the final result is the most important.<br /><br />My mother is an accomplished photographer with quite a few exhibitions in the past, and I really appreciate that I can go back in the family album today and find some really great pictures from my own childhood. And I definitely believe that she is solely responsible for my own photographic enthusiasm :-)<br /><br />Anyway - thanks again for all your positive remarks - I'll be back with more pictures for sure :-)<br /><br />Soeren</p>

<div>00Vzht-228957784.jpg.46028678399ea21f1372756312873556.jpg</div>