Famous Photographers of Architecture

I am not sure if I am in the right Forum as I am new to this board

but I would appreciate any help.

I am doing GCSE Photography and have taken pictures of Bath for my

buildings and Landscape board however I need to talk about a famous

photographer, does anyone know a photographer that used Architecture

so that I can refer to them.

Many thanks

The late Ezra Stoller is the patron saint of architectural photography as practiced from the 1940s onward for both photographers and architects.

I say this for many reasons :his aesthetic vision of modern architecture; his level of craft, precision and problem solving; and his business acumen and ethical business practices.

see:

http://www.esto.com/gallstoller.htm

Five living architectural photographers of significant note: Norman McGrath, Dan Winters, Richard Payne, Robert Polidari, and Timothy Hursley.

Claire,

Some UK photograhers who feature architecture photography in their work :

1) Frank Meadow Sutcliffe - worked in Whitby about 1900 - 1920. His photos now evoke a bygone age. Several books of his photos are available.

2) Edwin Smith - his work is mostly 1940 - 1960 and usually church / cathedral architecture. Again some books available of his work.

3) Mark Power - alive and well as far as I know - he has done series on such places as the millennium dome etc.

If you do a google search on these people you will come up with more info and some idea asa to whether they fit your requirements. Good luck with the GCSE's!

• 2 years later...
I'm doing a Higher photography course in school and as a project I have decided to pick my school as the topic since it is the last year that my school is open. I am thinking of doing something that will make the school look empty and sad, like abandoned. But I also need to write about a famous photographer. Anyone know any photographers I could look at?

• 3 months later...