Famous female flower photographer?

paul_tobin

Does anyone happen to know the name of this photographer who is

known for her beautiful soft-focus, close-ups of flowers. She passed

away within the past five years or so.

I would like to study her work. Thanks for any information you can

provide.

No, it's not Imogen Cunningham. I have enjoyed and learned much from my copy of her book "Flora." I just recalled that the photographer I'm trying to get information about only shot in color. She used a 35mm camera, aperture wide open, macro lens (possibly with extension), no tripod, and crawled around on her belly while poking her lens into flower beds and other likely botanical subjects.

The only reason I know about her is that several years ago I read an article in a photo magazine (that I have long since discarded) which showed some of her work. Her approach did not appeal to me at the time, but now I'm interested.

Hope somebody can come up with her name.

Nope, not Nadine either. I have her book, "15 years in a photographer's life." I've enjoyed many hours with it. I'm certain that this "mystery" photographer is known ONLY for her close-up, dreamy work with plants, especially flowers. I seem to recall that she had quite a following in Japan, even though she was American.

Mary Ellen Schultz? By Jove you've got it! As soon as I saw the name I ran it in Google (since I wasn't sure if that was her) and discovered that her work was in a book I have "Mother Earth: through the eyes of women photographers and writers." And sure enough, there was that abstract floral I remember. Thanks for your help.