Facebook Advertising

missy_kay

<p>I just signed up for facebook pay per click advertising and though I would run a trial for a month to see how it goes. Does anyone else do this? What has your experience been? The only odd thing so far is that facebook is saying I've recieved 28 clicks so far in 1 day, but my google analytics said only 5 people visited my site. Does this strike anyone as odd?</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>Missy, i had exactly the same experience. I would advise you to run, don't walk away from FB advertising. The best i can say for it is that it generated a lot of traffic to the website but not a single phone call, much less any jobs. At worst, I was very suspicious of their claims regarding the number of clicks, especially since they were contradicted by google analytics.</p>

<p>its not like they want to loose advertisers..its simply that click fraud is very hard to combat. same thing happens with google and yahoo and any of the online advertising places...</p>

<p>the only reason those places work better is because people go to them looking for stuff.. what was the last time you logged onto facebook cuz you needed to buy something.</p>

<p>i can't even remember if i ever clicked on a single ad on facebook. i probably never have.</p>

<p>The one fault with pay per click is anyone can click the ad and click it as many times as they want.<br>

I know a few people that swear by FB advertising. I did an ad a few days ago and have many impressions but only a couple clicks.<br>

I did the same with google and had tons of clicks but nothing ever generated from it. What I like about FB is you can somewhat narrow your market audiance.</p>

<p>I don't use it, and try to keep my Facebook life under control, but I am seeing some sites/facebook presences that seem more successful than others... collecting 'fans' and having some sorts of activity posted on a regular basis seem to help. I've befriended several photogs from my old hometown, and their photo shoots seem to show up as documented activities.<br>

There must be some kind of workable strategy there, but I'm not sure I know what it is.</p>

<p>I have a personal facebook, and I also have a business "fan" page. I utilize it as a blog so to speak. Yes, I put photos up on the page, and yes people take them for their own pages. However, I have been very successful with my facebook business page. I interact with clients, get my fans involved with studio changes, offer special "promotions" for my facebook fans. I get alot of bookings from friends of friends of friends. Here is the way I see it. I take someones photo. I put a few "examples" up on my business page. They comment on how much they like it. They "tag" themselves so it is on their page, their friends like it, comment on it and ask where it was taken. She tells them, on her page, and just like that, 400+ people have my website, and studio information. My name is out there.<br>

Am I busy? Indeed. Does facebook have anything to do with it? Indeed.<br>

Corri Lenaghen</p>

<p>Click fraud will always be with us. Analytics can be skewed.</p>

<p>I use PPC on Google, but NOT with the expectation of getting work now. (BTW:I don't do weddings)<br>

I use PPC sponsored search results to keep my name in front of people. (Marketing 101)<br>

I target my sponsored ads to my city plus 50 miles.<br>

In other words, I UN-check all regions, states cities etc that I DON't want the ad appearing.</p>

<p>Advertising is not always used to sell something now...It should be viewed as a long term goal with multiple parallel paths to arrive at one goal..To Sell Something.</p>