FA 50mm f/1.4 Available

jason_greenberg_motamedi

I have been appalled at the recent rise in price of used Pentax gear, particularly on eBay. However, I was

delighted to find an "product update" email this morning from B&H, letting me know that the FA 50/1.4 is

once again available new. Ironically, their price (with a $50 rebate from Pentax) is lower than many recent

eBay sales. So, if you have been waiting to buy a FA50/1.4, B&H has them in stock, at least for the

moment. In a connected topic, does anybody know how long the remaining FA line lenses will be

produced?

I got my FA 50 in August from B&H. No problems.

At the same time I noticed a $225 used + 40 shipping to Australia.

I contacted the guy and asked him what he was thinking (since B&H had it for less New). He said he wasn't, and wasn't aware of the sale/rebate/regular price at B&H.

I wonder if people do any searching on Ebay. Of course i've done really well selling stuff on there so I'm not complaining, but it does blow my mind that people are willing to waste so much money rather then do a quick web search for a good deal.

"I have been appalled at the recent rise in price of used Pentax gear, particularly on eBay."

I would expect it to get worse not better as the popularity of digital cameras increase at the rate it is over the last couple of years combined with the advertising zeal of using older Pentax lenses with the newer digital K10/100/110D bodies. As the existing quantity of quality SMC Pentax primes and other lenses are 'cherrypicked' from eBay and other venues, I predict the value of Pentax lenses will rise even more.

I have several Pentax lenses and almost made a fatal mistake a couple of years ago of allowing myself to be talked into selling off my Pentax stuff and going totally digital with the Canon 10D system. I came to my senses soon enough to prevent sorry and still have my Pentax gear. I am getting a K10D as soon as I can get ahold of one to try out first to ensure it is what I want. Reviews are nice but hands on is much better.

Gene (KI6LO) Ridgecrest, CA