F2's off to England

Good news this week, I got notice from Sover Wong to ship my F2's and an MD-2 for service. Three of the F2's work well but meters are off on two of them. The fourth is an early one that was used at the ETV station here as far back as when I was in school and it wasn't new then!! I don't know if it was ever serviced and needs some attention. Meter is totally inop on that one. The MD-2 has new gears but simply doesn't work properly. I've been looking forward to this and while I have no idea what the cost will be I think it will be worth it. Does anyone know what his turnaround time is? No hurry but curious.

Rick H.

I have used SW only once for my F2 (with full satisfaction), and if I remember correctly it took 2-3 weeks for the round trip. Don't take this as a fixed indication, though, because it will all depend on the amount of repair needed. My camera needed a full CLA & the meter was badly off, this costed me the equivalent of some $200 or slightly more. This was several years ago, but at that time the exchange rate pound/euro was 20-30% higher (in favor of the pound) that it is today.

Sover does amazing work. Overhauled an MD2 and MD3 for me a few years ago. He wasn't quite as backed up then as he is now, you could just send him things after a quick email exchange. I think the turnaround was about three weeks, door to door. Shipping was pricey then, so I don't even want to think about it now (USPS is so hopelessly kneecapped by Congress that our outgoing international package rate exceeds every other country in the world).

I've got two near-perfect F2 bodies that need an overhaul, I want to send them to him but safe round-trip US>UK shipping is outrageous today. Should probably just request a slot from him, and start saving for the postage.