Eyepiece extender and 20D

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by bob_a, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Anyone using the Canon eyepiece extender EP-EX15 on an EOS (10d, 20d
    etc)? I searched and typical feedback is that it makes the
    viewfinder smaller. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

2. Hi Bob:
    I am using it on my 20D and 10D. However I found it makes the object in the viewfinder a
    little smaller(futher away from your eyes) but doesn't make the viewfinder smaller. It
    makes you feel like switch to a short telephoto,but I found the size of the frame remains
    the same.
    Hope this helps.
    charles c

3. I tried one on my 10D, and sold it because it further vignetted an already so-so viewfinder.

It may work better for you if you don't wear glasses, as I do.

4. I can confirm it - I think! I had one which I tried on a 10D. As I recall it made the image smaller. Can't swear to it 100% since I sold it a couple of years ago, but that's my recollection.

5. dk.

dk.

I have it on my 20d and don't mind it at all and I wear Glasses.
    I don't feel that it makes it smaller but I guess it is just something you have to get used too for some. I like it because I don't have to squash my face against the back of the camera. I feel like I still take good pictures with it too. Have a look and see what you think.

DK.

6. You'd think they'd want to put a little magnification to it. But heck, let's not get to thinking logic here. Logic might interupt the balance of forces, and next thing you know cats and dogs 'd be sleeping together, squirrels and and octopi would be having kids...etc., etc.