Eyecup fror F2?

mervyn_wilmington

<p>Your F2 should have come with a plain glass eyepiece cover - I can't remember the Nikon part# offhand. If the plain glass cover is present, you simply unscrew it and pinch the DK-3 underneath and re-attach. If the rubber-rimmed cover-glass is missing, then you'll need that (or a correction dioptre) before you can fit a DK-3. The DK-4 looks as if it screws directly in without needing an additional threaded cover-glass, but don't quote me on that since I've never owned or handled a DK-4.</p>

<p>The fit of the DK-3 is a bit tight and only allows about 1.5 turns of the cover-glass to be threaded back into the camera, but it's more than secure enough once fitted. The other thing about the DK-3 is that it has a cut-out in its reinforcing ring. This allows the eyecup to be lifted clear when opening and closing the camera back. The cut-out makes it a bit awkward to orientate the eyecup during initial fitting, but it does make film changing a lot easier.</p>

<p>BTW, the DK-2 was introduced for the F3HP and has a larger diameter than the DK-3 or 4. It won't fit, so don't be tempted to buy one! Strange that Nikon should number their eyecups backwards in that way.</p>

<p>Mervyn -<br>

This page lists many Nikon eyepieces by part number, which may assist looking up on Ebay, etc. You may want to print it out and save it before it suffers internet decay and disappears.</p>

<p>http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/EP_CompChart.pdf</p>

<p>I use eyepieces (w/o diopter adjustments) interchangeably on my Nikon camera models FE, FE2, FM, FM2, F2, FA, Nikkormat FT3 and a few others ... these are all the same size. Of that I am sure.<br>

Newer bodies like the F4, F100, N90s, etc. use a larger size.<br>

So, non-diopter correcting eyepiece part numbers 2923, 2914, 2925 or 2930 I believe would all fit your needs and allow a rubber eyecup to mount on them.</p>

<p>Happy hunting,</p>

<p>Jim M.</p>

<p>As Jim intimates, one of the problems with this is that Nikon uses different part numbers even though they will fit more cameras than the indicated application. It is also clear that dealers (on the web) will say it is for what is on the box, unless they are more knowledgeable and also indicate the other cameras the item will fit. I think the F2 takes 19mm (?), whilst other Nikons take 22mm.</p>

<p>I am still hunting and also looking toward a dioptre correction lens. I think that I am -3. I have three cameras with built in dioptre adjustment, but, of course, you are not told what the adjustment is. An educated guess might be good enough...</p>

<p>Thanks for that information Sandy.</p>

<p>I thought I had found a -3 with a German dealer - that is what the listing says. However, when I looked at the illustrations, the one with it on the camera said it was +3!</p>

<p>I'm waiting for a reply from him on something else. I'll then ask him about the '-3'.</p>