eye-fi

marten_holmes

<p>Nope - not using it. </p>

<p>The advantage of using it would appear to me to be having the images sent to a computer right away, so an assistant could edit them and have them ready for a slide show at the end of the ceremony. </p>

<p>Most of the time at a wedding, there is enough time, if a slide show is needed same day, to run the memory cards to a computer for uploading, editing and organizing. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>I probably would have tried it out, but SD cards aren't in my 'normal' list of equipment, and adapting to CF is not likely to happen. </p>

<p>Aside from the limitation of format, it appears the largest size they offer is 16gb (meaning you are likely to need several cards), because, while the 'send it off and clear space' feature works fine for a studio setup, in a wedding, without someone <em>continuously</em> manning the computer to backup your files, it seems kind of risky. </p>

<p>Good point Marcus - </p>

<p>I did e-mail the company a few years ago asking specifically about a version for CF and they actually responded. </p>

<p>Their response at the time was a) we don't / can't comment about any future products which may or may not be under development at this time. and b) you may try an eye-fi sd card with one of a number of sd to cf adaptors although we do not guarantee performance or reliability with that product. </p>

<p>Basically, they were looking into the possibility and probably decided it wasn't in their wheelhouse, as they are aimed more at the family snapshooter, not the pro photographer doing a serious event. </p>

<p>Dave</p>