Eye correction lens for Mamiya 7

erikestany

Hello,

I'm looking for a eye dioptrie correction lens for my Mamiya 7i. I think it's the same model that Mamiya 645 pro and Mamiya 6 uses.

I tried to use the camera with my glasses but I can not see well either. I’m short-sighted (-1), so I understand I would need a -1 lens rigth?

I've been looking for it but I have not found anywhere. Do you know where I could get one? Or some alternative?

Thank you so much.

Well, as to what diopter to actually select if your prescription is -1 then generally yes you use a -1 diopter IF YOU ARE NOT USING GLASSES. If using glasses you may need a +1 to bring everything back to zero. Your best bet: try various reading glasses first to see what helps you see correctly in the viewfinder. Then search out that diopter.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If your eyeglasses are -1 for distance vision then I'd guess that a -1 diopter would be about right. My right eye is -1 (used to be -1.75 but has moved in the normal progression for a 70 year old). I use a -1 diopter on my Mamiya 7 and my Mamiya 6 and it works well for me.

I'd be a bit concerned that you can't see well through the viewfinder with your eyeglasses though. Is the viewfinder clear for someone with excellent eyesight that needs no correction?

When I moved from -2 to -1 I found some on the internet, but a quick look at ebay didn't find any just now. There were some plus values which of course aren't what you want. It's the same size snap-in model for the Mamiya 6. It is rectangular with a quite thin frame. Marks are red dots for + and white dots for minus. You probably want one white dot. Only full integer values are available (some makes have 0.5 diopter unit spacing in their range). Slightly too little correction seems more comfortable than slightly too much in my experience.

Reading glasses are positive diopters, so not useful.