extra backup flash unit

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I wanted to get opinions on an extra speedlight for Nikon. I currently have the sb800 and LOVE it. However, I wanted to get a back up. I've heard mixed reviews about the sb900 and don't know if I need all the bells and whistles. What do you think about the sb600? Will it work with an external battery pack like the quantum instruments turbo? Should I just bite the bullet and go for the quantum instruments qflash trio?<br>

Again, it's a 'just in case', more than anything else. Think I can get away with the sb600 until the 800 gives and then go for the quantum or the sb900?<br>

thanks!</p>

<p>It depends on what type of shooting you're doing and how much flash power you need. I like my SB600s, but one drawback is that they don't have a PC port, which you would need for a battery pack, correct? I've never used battery packs so I'm not sure on that. I do know that you'd need a PC port if you use radio triggers.<br>

As for the SB900, I think they're way overpriced, and you could get a really decent studio flash for the same price or less.</p>