exporting 1028x800 from Premiere Pro

Discussion in 'Video' started by bikealps, Apr 13, 2014.

1. I have a set of short videos I have made using Premier Pro. They must be played on a laptop (not my desktop where I have made them) and played using a projector having 1028x800 resolution.
    I have exported the videos using AVI and MP4 (H.264) formats. The AVI format does not play reliably on the laptop. I don't know why. I haven't tried MP4 yet, but I assume it will work fine.
    The projector will be 1028x800. I have made the videos using 1280x720 content.
    I'm assuming I can just resize the Windows Media Player window to fit on the projector screen, but is it possible to set a 1028-wide format for exporting? Maybe 960x540? The export list has a whole bunch of custom export sizes, but I don't see a way to set the size...

2. Adobe has a video forum for their products. You might want to post there.

3. You should be able to reduce your content size easy enough, and the smaller the size, chances are it will play better. If you enlarge the size you will just get a larger video window but the actual video itself will stay the size that it is within Premiere.
    If the video does not play well, chances are it is your laptop or desktop with the problem. Install any updates to Windows Media Player that are available. Look at updating the drivers to your video card if they exist. Also in many cases adding to your RAM memory will be helpful.

Give that a shot and see how it goes.

4. More than likely the AVI files are not playing well because your hard drive is not fast enough. .AVI is a very large uncompressed format which I only use for original capture and editing. Then I compress to 720 X 480 MP4. 720 x 480 Youtube in Premiere should be adequate for projector and will not work the laptop too hard.