Explore - Browse by Category

Jon Eckman

it does get painful to read these unsolvable glitches. I am presuming that the owners have licensed a pre packaged hunk of software. One with options. Now who is handling the orchestration of the piece is a question that is beginning to look like maybe nobody that has 1) the expertise or 2) the priority. Expectations can get lower but the bottom seems to be not in sight. I take no pleasure in holding such views.

Why bother with clicking on "Browse by Categories" if the category links are listed right below it?

Not sure what you mean, Vincent? Maybe you're accessing it a different way. How do you get to these category links you're talking about? To get to categories, I go up to the top of the page to the EXPLORE tab, and when I hover over that, there's a drop-down that appears and one of the choices is Browse by Categories, but I don't actually see the categories anywhere in that menu. When I click on "Browse by Categories", I'm taken to a Categories homepage which I used to be able to scroll down to the various categories, but no longer can.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

When I mouse over "Explore," "Browse by Categories" appears, with links right below it such as "Trending," Editors" Picks," etc.

I very rarely go to "Explore," so I'm not sure how it used to operate. Are the above examples I listed any of the links that should appear when you click on "Browse by Categories" and go to the page that doesn't scroll any more?

• Like 1

"Trending," Editors Picks," etc.

Are the above examples I listed any of the links that should appear when you click on "Browse by Categories" and go to the page that doesn't scroll any more?

Thanks, Vincent. Those things you mention appear for me as well. But I'm talking about something else. The categories I'm talking about are the different genre categories one selects when uploading a photo, i.e. Landscape, Portrait, Nature, Street and Documentary, Fine Art, Nudes, etc. It used to be that when you went to the Categories page, you would scroll down through each of those genre categories and click to view photos submitted in those categories. Now I don't know how you'd get to them.

Now I don't know how you'd get to them.

The usual work around - on my machine the page is locked, no way to move down. At the bottom edge of the screen are the edges of photos. I double clicked on the left hand one, and the category came up - with it the tool bar which allows you to get to the others. Not exactly an obvious path to the rabbit hole,

• Like 1

At the bottom edge of the screen are the edges of photos. I double clicked on the left hand one, and the category came up - with it the tool bar which allows you to get to the others.

Aha. Great. Thanks, Sandy!

Not exactly an obvious path to the rabbit hole,

Indeed, not exactly.

Me too. Used to be, hover over 'explore' produced a drop down search by categories > top of the list was new, and others such as landscape, portrait, etc.

Now hover yields indented list, NOT including new

or maybe not; I tried again, got to a page with a clickable option on rhs of page 'switch to modern view', or 'switch to legacy view'; and then categories appeared by scrolling down, including recent. Each category had a picture as icon, and only two wide, so necessary to scroll thru pages to get to different categories, but that's ok with me. I think I had to adjust zoom options in my browser for it (switch option) to appear.

using firefox on win 8.1

Edited by G-P

• 2 weeks later...