Exhibits & New Clients

<p>I have an exhibit coming up in a local wine store of some of my portrait photography images. I am wondering how I can get the most out of this in terms of new clients. My original idea was to print up cards which are good for one free session (I normally charge an up-front fee), and one small print, which could be given out in combination with say a $20 purchase from the store. I am worried, however, that people will be expecting to get a great deal, however my prints & albums are priced relatively high (though obviously I'm completely happy to honer my offer with no strings attached). Anyone done anything like this and can offer advice? One thing I wouldn't want to happen, for example, is that somebody gets turned off because I'm too expensive, and they don't go back to the store next time to buy wine.</p>

<p>Make sure that the card you're leaving out includes a link to a page on your web site that explains what a real portrait session is, and why it's worth the price you ask. The best incentive there is to show some stellar work along with that information.</p>