Examples of Rolleisoft softening effects

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by dan_mcclain, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I am considering a Rolleisoft, and there is precious little in the PN archives
    concerning the different Rolleisoft models. I would appreciate opinions on the
    different strengths, and preferably examples.

2. Maybe try doing a search on Flickr? People post lots of stuff to Flickr to share results of cameras.

3. Hi Dan, I will try to take a couple of shots with a Rolleisoft soon and post them for you, just may take a day or two.

Tony

4. Tony,
    Thanks, but if you don't already have some photos scanned, please don't burn a roll solely for this. I would greatly appreciate your opinions on the Rolleisoft, as the internet and even Flickr are devoid of recommendations and examples. I have a Nikon #2 filter, and it is excessively soft in my opinion, so I'm trying to get some advice while I'm Rolleisoft shopping.

5. Years late, but here's a shot taken with a Yashica Mat 124G, f/3.5, using a Rolleisoft 1, which was the stronger of the two, on Kodak Portra 400:

[​IMG]

"Maybe try doing a search on Flickr?"

You've made 3,600 postings here, and that's the best you can do? "Try searching on the internet"?