Exakta 70-210 F4.5-5.6 MC Macro lensin Nikon AIs mount

tidris

<p>I have recently acquired an Exakta 70-210 F4.5-5.6 MC Macro lens in Nikon AIs mount. I have tried to search for this lens on the net buit I cannot find any references to it anywhere. It just seemed an interesting lens. The lens seems very similar to photos that I have seen of a nikon 70-210 but I don't actually have that lens so I have tried it against a Nikon 200 F4 glass and the results seem to be very similar on first looks except a bit warmer. Has any of you heard about this lens?</p>

<p>These were labeled Exakta, but they were-- like some of the other, late DDR brand zooms--made in Japan. I don't know who actually manufactured them nor whether the name was bought from Ihagee/Pentacon or from the West Exakta company.</p>

<p>Here is a Prakticar 70-210mm f/4-5.6 lens in Praktica B mount on the last of the real Prakticas, the BX20s. You'll note, if you look closely, that the Prakticar has a JCII gold seal on it. Next to it is another B-mount lens, in this case a Sigma 70-210mm f/4.5 Zoom-K II, also made in Japan, of course.</p><div>00Uygx-189299584.jpg.5c660798ff4bee9a4be0eadf95ad77b2.jpg</div>

<p>Many thanks my friend for the information. My lens looks exactly like that and it also has a rather soiled JCII gold sticker on it which further says C/D JMDC. I am quite excited now that I can try out a Pentacon type of lens on my Nikon.</p>