Everything else forum gone ?

It was moved off the dropdown list but it's still active. Not all forums are on that list. It was actually replaced by a listing for the "NEWS" forum which we're trying to get more active.

See http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1544 for "Everything Else".

We're trying to redirect many of the posts made to that forum into more appropriate places. It's not really an "Everything Else" forum where just about anything goes. If you read the blurb, it's really for filters, tripods, camera bags and other non-brand specific accessories. The categories there are confusing and will soon be revised to avoid duplication with other forums.

with all due respect I think this is a move in the wrong direction. When people have questions that do not belong to either categories it will be hard to find the right place to post and they will me misplacing them to the wrong category thus clogging the forum. Example, "what do I do if my camera got stolen? or "which camera to buy, digital or film?". Where do these questions go? Definitely not in the "news". I know it is a silly question, but just in case, I think "everything else" was the right spot for this kind of things.

"What is supposed to be the difference between "Casual Conversations" and "Everything Else"? Their content looks rather similar to me."

I think the real difference is supposed to be that this forum is never archived, and threads disappear quickly, so threads that might be useful in the future for reference should go elsewhere.