Event printing through lightroom problems

<p>Hi </p>

<p>I have recently started doing some event photography for my sons school. I use a Canon 5d mark 3, using lightroom CC on a MAC to edit and then print through a mitsubishi sub printer cp d70dw printer.</p>

<p>However I have found the colour quality to be poor with faces looking really blotchy. I have spent ages not he phone and online trying to get the problem sorted. I have installed the drivers recommended by mitsubishi but it made little difference.</p>

<p>If I print from the mac "preview" the colours are better but the picture is a bit soft. Also when working fast and editing and printing I don't want to have to export and then print. So preferably I would either like to be able to sort the problem with lightroom or know if there is another programme that won't have the colour issues. I am having people return the photos because they look poor quality.</p>

<p>Check the histogram and highlights on the shots. It might be that the face is close to or is saturated. If so you should check how you expose the shots. Maybe underexpose 1/2 stop.</p>

<p>What kind of flash setup are you using. Direct flash could be reflecting off the sweat and oils on the face to cause the skin to blow.</p>

<p>BTW, I constantly have this problem with my Canon P&S. And interestingly only that one camera, my other P&S don't does not do that.</p>

<p>Have you successfully printed other photos on this thermal printer? Is it just the event photos that are causing you headaches? One suggestion: If you have access to a good-quality inkjet printer try printing out one or two of your event photos on that machine. If they look better, then the issue is with the thermal printer.</p>
David H

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I have experianced same issues. To redish and orange tones. Very difficult if you photograph Pets and peaple. I tested nearly all posibilies. Installing printer profiles build for the CP70DW. Even outsourced the creation of a custom icc for me. Problem was never solved. Today I dit a print test with Capture One. What a difference! I was about to sale the CP70DW, now I will keep. It was defenitely not the printer, but Light Room.