European graduate school

tarah_lee

<p>Hi I am a professional photographer looking for a change. I have lived and worked in NYC for almost 9 years. I am a graduate of School of Visual Arts in Manhattan. I have a lot of experience in ecommerce photography, mostly jewelry. I have also dabbled in travel photography as well as unit photography (the photographer on the movie set) I have been thinking about graduate school in order to possibly teach one day. I would really like to move to Europe, and I am a Irish citizen. I am not sure if a degree is right for me or I should just make the move. Does anyone have some advice on a place where I will be able to find a job? Or any fantastic masters degree programs in Europe? Obviously trying to keep the costs down and I would prefer a warmer climate.</p>

<p>Tarah, I know it's going to sound a bit like I'm making fun, but it's a serious consideration: the parts of Europe that have a warmer climate all are hit hard by the economic crisis, and only some of those countries seem on the way back up (I am in one of the countries that is not); finding a job is hard enough for most, and photographers being a bit of a "luxury job" is most likely going to be a lot worse. Not speaking the local language (possibly?) will only add to your uphill battle.<br>

Now I won't say it can't be done; I do not have any data, and I am not working in the field myself. So, this is really just based on what I see around me but I think something you should consider (north-west Europe might be a better bet). </p>

• 2 months later...