Essex Camera Service

<p>I wanted to report excellent experience with Essex Camera Service in Carlstadt, NJ. Last week I dropped off a Leica 50mm rigid Summicron for service. The aperture ring was off and there was some haze and dust on the internal elements. I picked up the lens today and it looks and feels brand new. The charge was $80 plus tax.<br>

I heartily recommend!</p>

<p>I , too, praise Mr. Kim and his dedicated staff of technicians. Living only a mile away from the shop is a most-welcome luxury ! My visits to Essex Camera Service have been many, and each time I was delighted by the care and attention received for any number of required repairs, great and small. To the Shop's credit, most repair and overhaul costs were less than the on-line qoted price ( Essex is also known as <a href="http://www.camerarepair.com">www.camerarepair.com</a> )<br>

Turnaround time for overhauls on a couple Leica IIIs, my Contax III, and Nikon FM2s were generally sooner than expected. They worked miracles on a Sonnar and a 'cron that seemed hopelessly sloppy and grimey beyond belief. <br>

Anyone interested in using Essex shuld do so with confidence. If you live in the NYC/North jersey area, pay them a personal visit. Their shop is located in an industrial park just north of Giants Stadium...... deep in the swamps of the Meadowllands, but only 15 mins from Lincoln Tunnel and easily accessible from Rt 17 or 120 . </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Back in 2003 I acquired a Canon III Rangefinder (Leica Thread Mount) that had numerous pinholes in the shutter curtain. Also the slow shutter speeds were inoperative. Over the phone with Essex, the estimate was $160, and was told to just include a $168 check (the $8 was for return shipping). The shutter curtain was replaced, the slow speeds were fixed, and it was CLA'd. The shutter and film advance were buttery-smooth and I could actually see through the viewfinder! The camera worked like new and still does today. Overall super job!</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...