Espon RD1 Noctilux Shots

hmmm, is it me? I'm not overly impressed. The 'statue dude' seems contrasty enough, but the others seem muddy and out of focus and I'm not thrilled.

Now, not owning a noct (and I would say, unfortuantely, probably little chance of owning one) but having a nice assortment of other glass, both Leica and Voigt, does anyone else have other, more favorable examples of the RD1 in lower light situations? TIA, d

Here I have owned a Noct since Carter was in office. It cost as much as a used Pinto with alot of miles back then; 400 bucks; or maybe two Vegas. The Noct requires a body that is the rangefinder is aligned well. A Summicron user who always shoots at F8; then jumps to a Noct will usually be disappointed. The old F8 masks abit of the missaligned camera body; the F1 Noct shows all the cameras rangefinders errors. The usually ownership of the Noct is months; maybe a year or two.

I too have an R-D1. I don't have a Noctilux, but I have the Nokton f/1.4 which like the

Noctilux has paper thin DOF wide open (not as thin, but still thin). I must be lucky and

have gotten a precisely

aligned R-D1, because I can focus that lens perfectly even wide open.

I emailed DAG and he said that he'd adjust the R-D1's RF for about $75 IIRC. Even a new

Leica may require fine adjustment to be able to use that lens wide open.

By the way, did you shoot these in RAW?